𝖲𝖨𝖷

Murphy smiled, exiting her car as she spotted Jeremy walking out of the grill and made her way towards him

"Hey, I thought I'd find you here," Murphy's teasing grin fell as she took notice of Jeremy's expression, an expression she was very familiar with, causing her to clench her jaw and make a fist before storming past him, headed into the restaurant.

"Don't," Jeremy pleaded, grabbing her arm, only to be ignored as she pulled her arm away.

"Hey!" Murphy called out in anger as she entered the restaurant and locked eyes with Vicki. "What the hell did you do?" Vicki rolled her eyes, keeping her distance while remembering the night Murphy decked Tyler.

"I don't know what-" Murphy cut her off as she took a step closer to the older girl.

"I'm talking about? Yeah, I'm sure. Let me cut to the chase, stay the hell away from Jeremy," Murphy held up her hand as Vicki opened her mouth. "This isn't a conversation. This is a warning."

"What, are you threatening me?" Vicki asked in a snarky tone, Murphy smiled with angry eyes and shrugged. 

"No, because you hate yourself and I'm willing to bet you don't care what happens to you. So, this is me threatening Tyler. You hurt Jeremy again, and I hurt Tyler worse, got it?" Murphy leaned in threatening as Vicki let her eyes drift to Tyler. He watched them with a confused and curious stare, not sure if he should step in. Murphy followed Vicki's gaze and smirked. "Or I could just, you know, sleep with him. I mean, it's not like he actually cares enough about you to turn me down," she whispered as Vicki glared before turning away and storming off.

Murphy exited the grill and found Jeremy pacing back and forth. He locked up when he heard the door close.

"Let's go," she left no room for argument, walking past him towards her car as he followed silently.

____

"Hey, think you should ease up?" Murphy asked casually as she hopped up to sit next to Jeremy on the truck's bed. "The game hasn't even started," Jeremy only shrugged, pouring himself another cup and offering her the bottle. She shook her head and stood, pinching her fingers in front of her mouth and tilting her head across the field, he nodded, understanding her as she walked away.

Murphy found a spot under the bleachers and sat on the ground, bringing her knees to her chest as she wrapped her arms loosely around her legs. As her phone buzzed, she reached into her pocket and pulled it out, along with a lighter and a splif.

She sighed, resting her chin on her knees as she lit the splif and read the message on her phone.

Hey, hope 2 see you b4 the game ;) The message from Colin read. She could hear his jokingly flirty tone and hesitance to put a wink, causing her to smile slightly before her smile fell.

Colin. Colin was objectively a nice guy and not the shitty kind who claimed girls only like assholes. He was caring, sweet, funny, shy, and what should be the biggest turn on, super into her. She should've loved him. She knew that. Her heart should've fluttered when he kissed her forehead and she should've blushed when he made the first move. She should've wanted to meet his family, visit colleges with him, flaunt his letterman and soak up the envy from every one of her andro-attracted peers.