Hanahaki

Hello, Everyone! I wanted to share with you my inspiration first! Happy reading!

Fushiguro leaned over the sink. His body was shaking, breathing heavily. He lifted his hand and placed it in front of his mouth, ready to greet the next wave of coughs. The sink was tinted with his blood, small pink petals spread all over it. The dark haired boy couldn't take this pain anymore. He grabbed his chest, coughing up some more of this mess. His face was drained, pale, with large dark circles under his eyes. He hated himself. Why was he so weak? Why was he dying of something so stupid like love? He would never forgive himself for being like this, for falling under his feelings, making him this sick. Itadori Yuji's appearance in his life was a blessing and a curse. He started to love the boy so quickly, so unexpectedly, like someone hit him with a love arrow in the first moment he saw him. Fushiguro couldn't understand how can someone so careless, so pure and kind exist. He was fascinated by the pink haired boy's view of life. He was always able to find a way to make things right, to make himself and the others happy, always looking in a positive direction, something that Fushiguro was never capable of. He knew perfectly fine that the other didn't feel the same for him, that's why he would never know about it. Megumi didn't care if he eventually died, that's what he deserved.

- What a stupid way to die...

After he realized that the blood has stopped dripping out of him, he washed his face and the sink. Fushiguro sighed, tired from all of this. He got out of the bathroom and threw himself on the bed, still in so much pain that he couldn't fight with his heavy eyelids and fell asleep in an instant.

Itadori was next door. He has heard all of the coughing the other boy was having in the past few days. He didn't know what was wrong with Fushiguro. His heart was shrinking. The pink haired boy couldn't listen to his suffering anymore. He had tried asking him, desperately wanting to help, to cure him, to stop this pained sound of Megumi's awful illness, coming through the wall.

- I'm just having a cold, don't worry.

That was what he received every time. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't make Fushiguro talk. Did he think Itadori was stupid? How can someone believe that this was a cold? Yuji was frustrated. He wanted to save him not just because of his hero complex, he actually loved the boy. He loved him so much, he was almost able to feel his pain whenever he heard the horrible coughs coming from his bathroom. The door slammed. Fushiguro has gotten back to his room. Itadori was relieved for a bit, it was over for this night. He sighed, feeling powerless, useless. He needed to do something. The thought of losing Fushiguro without even trying to save him was unbearable. He slapped his forehead, gritting his teeth.

- I won't let you die, Fushiguro...

With this, he drifted to sleep.

^^^

Fushiguro woke up feeling slightly better. The coughing sessions were more and more intense with every night passing, so he was surprised that nothing hurt. The boy stood up and got dressed then headed downstairs for breakfast. Entering the kitchen, he saw Itadori cooking something that smelled delicious and humming a song. When the other saw him, he smiled widely.

- Good morning, Fushiguro!

- Good morning...

Megumi opened the fridge to find some leftovers from last night. He was too lazy to make himself breakfast.