Squirrel Girl

-Melo-

Last Saturday was bizarre. After I left Ange I returned home and did my stuff. Two days have passed and I'm all bored here.
I'm thinking about having a trip to the beach, maybe inviting a friend and enjoy our time. I decide and start searching for a contact to call, while I'm wondering my phone starts ringing. Who's calling?, ahh it's just Ange.

"Sup, what you up to do today?" she says as soon as I answered. "Yo, nothing, why?"

"Come to my basketball training, I want you see how good I'm now." she teases, but I remain in silence. I think seeing a bunch of girls practicing is gonna be boring.

"I can't, I'm busy." I lie and she laughs, "You're in vacations, just come. It's not a training "training"... but we're gonna play a match with the boys and it will be exciting."

"Nah, I don't think so." I said selflessly. "Please, mom said she couldn't come and pops just comes to the tournament matches." she pleads and how could I say no, she's my little sister.

"okay I'll be there.", "it's at 3:30, bye bye" she hangs up.

I'm gonna go as soon as possible, I don't want to spend my vacations watching girls basketball practices.

I start searching in my phone and found  a chick I hooked up sometimes. I call her. "Yes, Melo. What's up?" she sounds sleepy. "Yo, Alyth. Ya free this weekend? Let's go to the coast." I suggest. "Melo I'm tied up with a important photoshoot, gonna be a no...but next time count me in." she declines my request.

She's thinking too highly of herself to believe I will call her again. "OK, see ya." I hanged up. I won't call anyone else. Seems like spending time with my sister won't be as bad as it seems. Anyway I can teach her some good tricks.

After lunch I change my clothes and pick up one of my basketballs, not the nicest but good enough to make everybody jealous. "why so handsome." I tell myself in the mirror. Then I take my keys and leave home. While driving I start thinking about how my high school years were, not that long, not that special. But I'm still quite lucky, now I have learnt a lot in doing what I love. Don't I?

I sigh, is better to live what I'm living. Nevermind.

Ange high school was pretty far from my penthouse. I spend all the time listening to music. When I arrive, the entrance was empty. And the kids? Ah ye, it's already 3:20 they must be home.

I go directly to the high school gymnasium, I have been a lot of times here watching Ange play in tournaments.

To be right, she's quite good for only be fourteen. Since girls grow up faster, she's in the basketball average height. I'm quite proud.

I'm walking slowly but someone goes next to me, running as if she is in the middle of a athletics career. She has a pair of basketball shoes in her hand and is carrying a cute backpack. A ponytail make her curly hair move like it is dancing, but only thing I can see is that she looks like a squirrel running, she is so fast but her height make her look as jumping. What a girl, she makes me wonder why she being so normal can catch my sight.

"Yo, you're gonna fall." I shout but she didn't hear me and keeps running. Wait, is she gonna play too? She said she couldn't. I have to see this.

I start walking faster and faster. I enter the arena and there are the guys and girls dribbling and shooting, and others are talking while in warm-up. But she is nowhere.

While entering everybody greets me and I just nod. Then I look at the seats and there she was in front of Jeremy, scolding him. Poor boy. I pass near to them, wanting to hear what happens, but while I was playing the fool, Jeremy saw me.