chapter 38

Charlie's POV

    Allie's been on life support for 3 weeks and 4 days now. Tomorrow they were going to pull the plug, so Leo and I were going to stay at the hospital.

    We got to the hospital and Allie's mum was sitting in a chair crying. When she saw us she gave us a hug. I put a chair beside Allie's bed and took her hand. For the first time since I'd met her she didn't squeeze back. Tears threatened to fall and I let them.

    Leo was crying as well. He was taking it as bad as I was. Everything had to do with Allie, and it hurt. Her skin was pale and cold. Her hair didn't have the shine it usually did. It's like she was already gone.

    "Please wake up Allie. I love you too much to loose you" I whispered through my tears. I laid my head on her bed and fell asleep to the sound of the machines keeping her alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I woke up to the sound of beeping. I looked up and saw Allie's heart monitor moving much faster than it was the night before. Leo woke up and saw it. He yelled for a nurse and I intertwined my fingers with Allie's.

    I gave them a gentle squeeze and waited for something. "Please Allie. I need you here with me. I love you so much" I cried. Nothing. I waited for what seemed like an eternity.

    A finger tapped my skin and I stared at it. Her hand squeezed mine and her eyes fluttered open. "Charlie?" She asked in a voice more quiet then a whisper. I nodded and more tears fell.

    She's back. I have her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allie's POV

    I felt someone squeezing my hand. It was Charlie. I tried as hard as I could to tell him I was still here. To let him know I was still with him.

    One of my fingers finally moved. He squeezed my hand and I tried to move again. I managed to squeeze his hand and open my eyes. Charlie had tears running down his face and his normal posture was gone. His hair was messy and his eyes were dark but I knew it was him.

    "Charlie?" I asked. He nodded and wrapped his arms around me. I saw Leo, my mum, and a nurse walk in. They saw me and rushed over to me. Tears of joy escaped my eyes but I didn't care.

   I get to live another day. I get more time with the people I love and that's priceless. My mum said, "Allie, I was scared I was going to loose you. I love you so much baby girl." I hugged her and said, "I love you too mum."

    A few hours later the nurse had filled out my papers. She said I would have to stay one more night but then I could go home. I was hungry from not eating so I ate a small pizza and drank some soda.

    We were all watching a film except for my mum who had fallen asleep. Charlie and Leo were laying in my bed with me since they had slept in chairs. "I missed you Allie. I don't know what I would've done if you had... you know" Leo told me.

"I missed you too Leo, and you probably would've just eaten nutella" I laughed. He smiled and playfully hit my arm.

    Leo fell asleep first like always, so Charlie picked him up and laid him down on a long chair. He got back beside me and put his arm around me. I snuggled into his arm and laid my head on his shoulder.

    "I love you Allie" Charlie told me.

"I love you too Charlie."

"Everything about you. Your hair, your voice, your dimples. The way your eyes shine when you see something you like or the way your nose crinkles when you laugh. I love you so much. You have no idea" he said.

    I turned towards him and put my hand on his cheek. He pulled his lips toward mine and I leaned into him. Our lips met and I almost sighed. I'd missed this. His tongue grazed my bottom lip and I opened my mouth. He cupped my cheeks with his warm hands and leaned into the kiss more.

    I pulled away to breathe and he placed a kiss on my forehead. We laid back down and I snuggled back into him. His hand went up and down my side and I fell asleep in his arms.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A/N

    Sorry it's a short chapter. Hope you like it though.

My Leo fanfic is called Dancing in the Stars. Please go read it!

Love you guys and thanks for reading xx