one.

( chapter one )

( chapter one )

smells like teen spirit

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Kennedy never thought she would end up in a small town working two jobs. one at a bar & grill and the other as a art teacher. to be fair she was only working at the grill for the summer but it all turned out well as she made a friend, that happened to be the history teacher.

"hey, ric" kennedy greeted as she put down a glass of whiskey in front of the man that seemed to always be wallowing in his own sorrows. "you ready to start teaching tomorrow"

"no, the teenagers here make me want to pull my hair out but i need the money" alaric shrugged his shoulders carelessly as he knocked back the drink. "well, i better get home. see you tomorrow"

"see you tomorrow, ric" kennedy says watching as the man left before going to wipe down the counter where he sat but the seat was already being sat in. "hello"

"hello, love" the man was beautiful. the blonde curly hair, bright blue eyes and british accent is alluring but he gave off a vibe that kennedy wasn't sure about.

"what can i get you" kennedy asked smirking at the man as she grabbed a glass and set it in front of him.

"bourbon, neat" the man replied with his own smirk as she reached for the bottle and poured it in the glass. "thank you"

"you're new in town" the man said watching as kennedy cleaned the glasses near her.

"i could say the same thing, seeing as i've been here for a week and this is the first time i'm seeing you" kennedy retorted looking the man in the eyes for a moment before looking away.

"was on a road trip for the summer. just got back in town" the man took a drink before extending his hand. "i'm niklaus but you can call me nik"

"hmm, kennedy" kennedy shook the man's hand ignoring the way his touch sent goosebumps up her arm.

"it's nice to meet you kennedy" nik said reaching into his pocket and setting down a few bills before getting up from his seat. "hopefully, i'll see you around"

kennedy reached for the money and looked to see that he had left much more than was needed. she looked up with her mouth slack to see nik already staring at her with a smirk.

"keep it, darling" nik said knocking back the rest of his drink before leaving but not before he saw the smile on her face.

"i don't like him" the woman rolled her eyes as she pocketed the extra money nik had left but the smile didn't leave her face as she turned around to make sure no one saw her.