Quote-13

Let's be clear here.. Why waste your money, effort, and time on someone who is just going to take it for granted? Don't play the, "Oh but I'm too kind," or, "I can't say no," or "they are the only friends I have" card! Let's be real: Everyone has a choice whether they are kind or not, but that's no excuse why you lay everything you have for someone while they don't even THINK of doing the same back.
And you CAN say no! It's as simple as that.. If they become angry or their feelings are hurt, just know.. Don't blame it on yourself. They had to have had this coming for a long while.
And 3: No friends? Too many friends? Honestly, people who take advantage of you aren't really going to care.

So.. To fix your problems:

1. DONT apologize for THEIR faults
2. Whether they are just plain mean joking or not...  make it CLEAR you don't approve of their kind of 'joking'
3. Stop trying to be the kindest person in the room and letting others feed off of you.. And too make sure your friends are genuinely in need try this: Ask THEM for multiple favors. How do THEY respond?
4. Sometimes you have to let others take the role of helping everyone else.. YOU need to be kept care of too!
5. Who. Are. Your. TRUE. Friends?
6. Find out.