At Last - #TimsColdBrewStories

At fifteen years old, I met Jackson at Tim Hortons. He'd taken my order and I couldn't take my eyes off him. For ten years, our friendship bloomed. For me, it veered into a direction that could destroy him.

Months after that relationship exploded, Jackson's voice on the other end of my telephone brought me to an updated version of the same Tim Hortons.

I entered, my heart racing.

I stared through the space, past the crowd of people, out to the back patio.

Even without seeing his face, my heart knew him.

My soul remembered him.

Every part of me still craved him.

Suddenly, I couldn't breathe.

Stopping at the counter, I placed my order for two large Cold Brew Coffees, with two milks and a shot of expresso. I paid and made my way out to him. His presence surrounded me like it always had.

Overwhelming to the point of insanity.

When I stood beside him, Jackson Titan didn't even flinch. I handed him his Brew Coffee.

Our fingers brushed when he accepted it, sending a spark through me. To hide my reaction, I lifted my iced-cold drink to my lips and sipped.

I closed my eyes, remembering the times we spent here, feeling as if we were alone together on another planet.

"Why?" Jackson asked.

"Because it was the truth." I replied. "You were leaving. I panicked."

"You were trying to make me stay?"

"I didn't think you would stay. I was trying to make you come back." I hung my head. "I thought telling you the truth would give you a reason to one day come back."

"Would you have waited?" His voice was low.

I melted. "Yes."

Jackson exhaled, forcing me to turn and face him.

"You scare me, L.T." Jackson admitted. "Your bravery. Your honesty. Your willingness to claw for who you want—. But love has a way of tearing you down. I can't go through that pain."

"Unbelievable."

"We can't be selfish, L.T." Jackson told me. "Our business, our family, friends..."

"Then why are you here?" I shoved at his shoulder. "I was finally getting over you. Why come back and open this wound? Do you love to watch my heart break?"

"Lee Tae." He faced me and stepped closer.

"No! You're a coward. I keep breaking my own heart for you. I walked away, like you wanted. I'd fight by your side. But you don't want me, do you?"

"I came back for you." His voice cracked as his brown eyes shimmered with emotions. "For an eternity, I have loved you."

Tears toppled down my cheeks as I set my Cold Brew Coffee on the bannister and crashed into his chest, tangling my arms around his back. His drink slipped from his fingers to the ground.

"We'll order another." I promised.

Jackson kissed me—softly, breathing life back into me.

"Are you mine, Jackson?" I asked.

"It's not going to be easy."

"I don't want easy." I shifted closer.

"I'm yours."

"Everything okay?" The worker from earlier asked.

Jackson smiled. "We're good. Can we order another Cold Brew Coffee? Mine met a bad end."

The young man laughed. "Of course. Gimme a second."