one.

"SUMMER LOVIN, HAPPENED SO FAST..."

.

.

ANNIE KEINER rushed out of the car, shouting out a quick "I love you" to her mother before jumping into the waiting arms of her older brother.

Annie loved Summer vacation - not only did she get time off from school, but Summer was the only time she got to see her siblings.

Harley spun the girl in his arms with a big smile, grumbling about how much she'd grown. Theresa meanwhile was waiting beside him impatiently, whining because he was "hogging" her.

Annie, Harley, and Theresa Keiner were half-siblings. They all shared the same father but each had different mothers. Harley and Theresa lived with their dad, and Annie used to as well. She used to until her mother managed to gain custody over her daughter when she was 7.

Annie's mother also just so happened to live in California - the other side of the country.

The three siblings walked into the apartment building, Harley and Theresa asking Annie questions as they went up the stairs.

"How's school been?" Harley inquired, opening the door to their small home with one hand and holding her suitcase in the other.

"It's been nice," she said with a shrug. She was about to ask him a question when the smell of cigarettes filled her nose and thick fog clouded her vision.

"Annabeth!" Mr. Keiner looked over from where he was sitting on the couch, sporting a tank top and a pair of basketball shorts. Theresa scoffed. "Welcome home, kid!"

At the sight of her dad, she faltered. He clearly didn't prepare.

"Hi dad," she started before coughing out. Harley put an arm around her back, guiding her through the foggy room to their shared bedroom while Theresa went to open the windows.

Harley called out to his dad. "Anne's really tired from the flight... A journey across America? What is that, an hour? That's a lot for a teenage girl.." The girl nodded along, too distracted with the smoke to correct her older brother.

The Keiner home. So many memories packed into one two-bedroom apartment. With rowdy college kids next door and an exclusive view of the parking lot, the apartment was always Annie's least favorite part of her stay.

Especially the living room. Her dad was always in the living room. Whether he was smoking while watching the television or with a woman who he'd eventually forget, he would never be seen anywhere else.

He even slept on the couch. The only thing he used his bedroom for was storage, which Theresa always complained about.

"I'm sorry 'bout him," Harley huffed as he opened the bedroom door.

The Keiner sibling bedroom wasn't anything special. It was a small room, and the bunk bed by the window certainly didn't help with the size. On the floor was a blow-up mattress that had Christmas cards and Birthday bags laid over it. Occupying what little space left was a desk, makeup and hair gel scattered over the surface.

And for the cherry on top, a worn-out banner was spread across the wall, "Welcome Home Annie" written in big bold letters on it.

"Harvey, Terry..." she cooed. "How sweet!" Annie stepped closer to the banner to see what new drawings have been added.

Ever since her first visit when she was 8, Harley and Theresa had always welcomed Annie back to Philly with a banner featuring their own drawings. It became a tradition for them, and each year new drawings would be added.

Her eyes scanned over the numerous drawings, passing over the stick-man figures of the siblings that Harley had drawn and the many flowers Theresa had colored until she found the two new drawings - a rose and a smiley face.

Annie turned back around and immediately brought her siblings into a big bear hug. "I missed you guys," she whispered.

At home, Annie had no one but her mother. It was lonely, and since her mother had banned her from speaking to her siblings while she was there she had nobody to talk to. It wasn't like she didn't have friends, either - she did. But her mother never let her go out to hang with them, and she only gave her an hour of phone time.

Unbeknownst to her, Theresa and Harley were hiding something. The two exchanged a look, mouthing words to each other before eventually succumbing into their sister's embrace.

A/N: Welcome to the first chapter! I'm so excited to share this with you guys, boy meets world owns my heart.

Just an FYI though, I am not a professional at writing. This is all just for fun.

Anyways, don't forget to comment, vote, and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated :)