𝘁he wrong side - p2 (𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐲)

hi besties sorry this took 84 years, i'm very indecisive </3 back to working on one shots i promise <3

Warnings: Language, some last minute editing🏃🏽‍♀️

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"Abby, he's not worth it."

Fucking Owen, shooting one of your own and hiding out like the coward he is. And now Abby believes he's her responsibility, not thinking twice about dismissing Isaac's orders to go look for him. It was annoying how easily Abby got distracted by the man.

"Owen is a fucking idiot, and you shouldn't risk going out there to find him," you try once more, Abby sighing at your words.

"Abby-" "Y/n!" Abby doesn't mean to raise her voice, pausing before speaking again, "Manny, could you..." Abby motions to the door, the man not hesitating, quickly exiting Isaacs's office.

"All I have to do is get the aquarium, okay? It's not that far," she tries to reassure you, her hands holding yours. "There's a lot of Scars that are between here and the Aquarium, Abby."

"I can handle them," she replies, earning a scoff from yourself. "God, why do you need to find him, Abby?"

She pulls away, crossing her arms as her brows furrow, "He's my friend, Y/n."

"And I'm your girlfriend, begging you not to leave."

Abby's eyes leave yours, staring at the floor as she taps her foot, "Well, this isn't up to you."

There's a knock at the door before you get the chance to respond, Manny peeking his head in, "Abby, we should go."

You mirror Abby, crossing your arms as you face the window, staring at the aquarium. You feel her eyes on you, and you hoped she was changing her mind, that she'd rather stay with you, not travel across Seattle looking for him.

"Yup," she mumbles, walking away without saying a word to you, the simple action upsetting you even more. You hear the door open, then swing back shut, leaving you alone.

-

You spent the whole night traveling from your base to the aquarium, unable to sleep knowing Abby was out here. Sure, the woman pissed you off by leaving, but you couldn't just let her roam around Seattle alone. Especially not when Ellie was searching for her, desperate to have her killed.

Who knows how much closer Ellie could've gotten in the last two days. She could've arrived at the aquarium before Owen. She could be waiting for Abby, or she could have Abby already fucking bleeding out.

And it would be your fault, your fault for not warning your girlfriend, not doing everything you could to prevent her from leaving. You should have just told Abby that Ellie was out here, and maybe that would've stopped her from leaving by herself.

"Finally," you whisper, approaching the large building, disappointed when the doorknob refused to twist. "Dammit- Owen!" You bang on the door, continuously yelling the man's name. Fuck, if you just spent the last 10 hours walking for nothing, they were both on your shit list when you find them.

The door swings open, being greeted by a stressed Owen, who quickly steps out and shuts the door behind him. "Fuck, when- she told you?" his voice is low as if he was telling you a secret while surrounded by a group of people. His behavior confused you, to say the very least. "If it means anything, she's fucking sorry, and I am too."

You back up, trying to understand what he was telling you without the context. It wasn't difficult.

"Fuck off, Owen." You spit, blinking away the tears that already formed in the corners of your eyes. "Y/n," Owen sighs as you're already walking away, fists clenching tighter the more he talked. "It meant nothing to her, seriously."