𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙉𝙀

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

𝐂 𝐇 𝐈 𝐋 𝐃 𝐇 𝐎 𝐎 𝐃

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Freya invited Brett in. The two boys walked inside. Freya hugged Dax tightly, and Brett made sure to keep his distance. Dax returned to Brett's side once they let go of one another.

"Your mother and Ray are on their way. They were out of town when we got your message," Freya said, "Everyone else is asleep."

"I'm going to take him upstairs to get him settled in," Dax smiled a bit, "It's good to see you, Aunt Freya."

Freya smiled and nodded at him, "I will be getting to know you later, Brett."

Dax took Brett's hand and lead him upstairs while Brett looked around at the house in awe of how large it was. Dax chuckled a bit as he looked back at his adorable boyfriend. Dax pulled Brett into his room. He took a deep breath as he looked around. He hadn't been in there since the night he turned.

A wave of nostalgia hit him that he hadn't been expecting. A small smile formed on his face as he picked up an old picture of him, his mom, and his dad. He looked over to Brett who was exploring the small room. Brett walked to the desk that was on the opposite wall from his bed. He looked at the desk before his eyes made their way to the bulletin board filled with pictures. Brett pulled a picture off of it.

"We used to be the nice popular people. Calliope, Jack, Alex, and me," Dax said softly as he placed his hand on the small of Brett's back. He looked at the picture. A small smile formed as Dax thought about the picture, "That picture was taken while we were celebrating almost beating Riverfield. We were winning at halftime, and that was one of the best feelings in the world. They, uh, they ended up coming back and beating us by a few points, but that didn't matter. We were the underdogs back then, and Riverfield was number three in the state," Dax frowned a bit. 

Brett put the picture back. He circled to the other side of the room. He looked through the balcony door into the streets below, "I knew you guys had money, but this place is huge," Brett sighed as he fell back onto Dax's bed.

"You've been here before," Dax chuckled a little as he laid down next to Brett.

"We stayed out there in your fancy rich person courtyard," Brett reminded him before beginning to laugh, "I think I get lost in your childhood home."