Chapter 2

Due to the feedback of the first chapter, I have decided to continue writing more for this fic. Thanks for the support so far! And feel free to comment your thoughts down below! No hate, please!

"Mr. Cheng! Two bowls of Marinette Soup!" Fei called out as she walked into the kitchen quickly, panting before walking back out.

"Hǎo de!" Wang answered as he was busy at the stove, cooking. The kitchen was busy as there were a few cooks inside, busy cooking.

It was the night after Marinette returned to Paris, and the restaurant was once again opened for business. And the restaurant was full of people, just was another usual busy day at the restaurant, given Wang's reputation in Shanghai and the winner of the title 'The World's Greatest Chef' a few years ago. It was no surprise that his restaurant was usually crowded with people daily.

Fei was wearing formal clothing as she was helping out as a waitress, deciding that since she was going to live with Wang, she would have to do something in return for his hospitality and kindness of letting her stay with him. And she was quickly getting overwhelmed by the things she needed to do. She soon found herself busy, going from one table to another taking others, and dealing with the customers' questions. Even though there were other waiters and waitresses to help, the situation was proving a bit too much to handle.

It has just been a few days since she moved in and her first time working as a waitress. And it wasn't exactly a smooth experience as her first time actually having a job and working.

"," Fei apologized quickly after accidentally bumping into another waitress, as she wasn't paying attention to where she was walking, earning herself a glare from her as she walked past her, obviously mad at Fei for almost making a huge mess.

After accidentally bumping into a waitress, she brought the wrong order to the wrong table. Fei felt fortunate that the customer was kind to her and did not scold her for messing up when they could have very well done so.

Fei sighed. It was just only an hour plus and she was already a bit tired from working. after walking past the waitress before seeing some familiar faces, the trio of boys that she ran into when she stole Marinette's stuff a few days ago. She could see them looking at her then waving at her, gesturing for her to come towards them. Fei smiled awkwardly before walking forward to take their order.

Chung, who has brown hair and darker skin color than the other two, was wearing a casual T-shirt paired with jeans. Jiao, whose body size is the biggest out of the three, was wearing shorts with a black hoodie. Kang, the slimmer and taller one of the trio who had his hair dyed blue, was wearing a plain light blue T-shirt with a black jacket on the outside and jeans.

"Hey there, Fei," Chung said in Mandarin, smiling as the girl approached the trio. "Didn't expect to see you here."

"I work here now," Fei shrugged in response. "As a part-time waitress. What would you like to order?"

"We will have three bowls of noodle soup," Kang said as he passed the menu to her.

"Ok," Fei answered quickly as she took the menu and was about to walk away.

"Wait," Jiao called.

"Hmm? Is there something?" asked Fei as she looked at the trio.

"Oh, no, we were just wondering if you wanted to hang out with us sometimes. You do look quite lonely, and honestly, you don't seem to have any friends," Jiao pointed out.