Election Night

"OMG I GOT THE JOB!!!" Y/n squeals into her phone. She was about six months out of college and she had officially landed her dream job. Tomorrow is her first day as a Junior Detective. "YAY!! Thats amazing Y/n, I knew you could to it!" Erica replies. Erica has been Y/n's best friend for years. They met their freshmen year of college in Intro to Ecinomics. Erica was a business major and Y/n took a few business classes as a back up incase Detective work didn't work out. "No more grimy fast food jobs with shit pay, shit hours, and annoying bosses, I finally get to do what I've longed for all my life" Y/n says with a grin stretching from ear to ear. "When do you start?" Erica asks. Y/n looks down at her computer, skimming the email she recieved with the awesome news. "ummmmm" she says as she skims the email. "Monday" she finally says. "Lets go out and celebrate. How bout we go out for lunch tomorrow and do some shopping after?" Erica suggests. Y/n thinks for a moment, trying to recall is she has anything to do tomorrow. "Yea, that sounds great, I'll meet you at panera at noon." She say. Erica confirms and they talk for a few more minutes before hanging up. Y/n heads to the bathroom, takes a nice long shower, and lays down in her bed. She takes her phone off the night stand and reads "6:23 Tuesday, November 8th" she stared at this for a moment knowing there was somthing she was forgetting about today. "I DIDN'T VOTE" she yelled as she jumped up and rushed to get dressed. "Hey Siri, where is the nearest polling station and what time does it close?" Y/n yelled from across the room. "I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that" Siri replies. "Useless piece of shit" Y/n mutters as she grabs her phone and runs out the door.

After a 7 minute drive, she finally arrives at her polling station. She hops in line, happy to be there in time, and waits. And waits. And waits. And "God damn this is taking forever" she thinks. In reality, she has only been there about 20 minutes but the excitment was making her impatient. She was an avid Trump supporter. She thought he was amazing and agreed with nearly everything he said. Granted, he was a bit extra but he truly had the American people in his heart and wanted the best for his country.

Finally, after an excruciatingly long 30 minute wait, she stepped inside the booth. She checked off the box next to Donald Trump's name and smiled at the ballot for a moment.

She returned home around 7:30 that night and got right in bed. She reached over and clicked her remote. The TV turned on and went right to Fox, as it was the last chanel she was watching before turning off her TV. She sat playing on her phone for a bit, waiting for the results and finally, after hours of waiting, it was called. "The Fox news decision desk has called Pennsylvania for Donald Trump. This means that Donald Trump will be the 45th President of The United States." Y/n jumped out of her bed not beliving what she had just heard. She quickly opened twitter to see what people were saying and it was insane. People were extatic. People were distraught. Everyone was split right down the middle. Suddenly she heard screaming from her neighbors house. "Fuck you world! U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A U-S-AAAAHAHA" She looked out her window and saw a blue-haired man humping his TV. She laughed for a moment before heading to bed. Y/n woke up the next morning and got showered and dressed and headed out to meet Erica. Both of them knew not to bring up the results as they had some opposing beliefs and neither of them were interested in debating. They had a great day together and ended up going to dinner after they finished shopping. Erica dropped Y/n off at home and turned to get in her car as Y/n entered her home.

She shepped inside and sat down on the couch. Not even a second later, there was a knock at the door. She figured it was Erica coming to tell her she had left something in the car and went to open the door but was surprized when she saw a tall, muscular, blue-haired man standing in front of her. "Kai Anderson" he put out his hand to shake hers but she did not reciprocate. She was frozen in confusion. Kai lowered his hand and continued "I saw you looking at me last night. Sorry if I was a disturbance, I get a little carried away sometims." "You weren't a disturbance, it was more entertaining that disturbing" Y/n said giggling. "Glad to hear you're not absolutly disgusted by what a mysoginistic, racist, homophobic, whateveristic, somethingphobic I am" He replied sarcastically, smiling. "Well if that's what you are I guess I'm a mysoginistic, racist, homophobic, whateveristic, somethingphobic too" Y/n replied to let Kai know she was a fellow Trump supporter. He smiled at her comment. "Let me take you out." He said rather abruptly. "You don't even know my name and you want to take me out? For all you know I could be a serial killer." Y/n said. Kai looked her up and down before saying "hmm, I didn't really get serial killer vibes but you're right." he paused. "So what's your name?" "Y/n" she replied with a small grin. "Great, know I know you and you're probably not a serial killer so let me take you out." Kai replied smiling. "Fine." Y/n finally agreed.