It's Better to Burn Out than to Fade Away

It was done. The hard part was over. Y/n thought despite knowing nothing would be harder than what was to come later that night. *Ding* Her phone went off. It was a text from Kai. "Hi Princess, tonight is the night! I just wanted to reassure you that everything and everyone would be okay. Love you and see you later." He was wrong. Y/n knew people would die that night, and a lot of them too. She called up Meadow and asked her to meet up for breakfast to discuss what would be happening later that night. After finalizing their plans, Y/n got dressed and headed out. She was beyond nervous. The second they got to the table, Y/n started bullshitting. "Meadow, I know how excited you are to be a part of this but I really need to do it. I'm afraid Kai doesn't think I'm serious about the cult and he may hurt me if I become a threat to his plans. I have to be the one to do this. It's just up to you to give up your part easily." She said sounding scared and anxious despite not being remotely either. Meadow was visibly upset but eventually gave up. "The gun is in my glove box, just grab it a few minutes before it's time." Meadow said before quickly getting up and leaving.

Y/n arrived at home about twenty minutes later. She headed upstairs and drew herself a bath to relax in for an hour before she had to go. *Ding* "Hi princess, turns out the rally is gonna be a bit earlier than I thought. See you there at 5. <3" SHIT she thought. As much as she tried to convince herself everything would be okay, she couldn't make herself believe it. Y/n stepped out of the tub and got dressed and ready, grabbing her phone and bag on the way out the door.

Y/n turned off her car and took a note out of her purse, placing it on the passenger seat. She stepped out and reached into Meadow's car, which was left unlocked, and grabbed the gun, placing it in her purse. Y/n took a deep breath and headed for the door to the mall where the rally was being held. As she reached for the door handle, she froze and broke down in tears, falling to the floor sobbing. Kai heard her from inside and came out to see what was going on. "Y/n? Y/n what's wrong?" he asked. "I-I-I c-can't do this Kai." she cried between sobs. "It's okay princess, you don't have to watch if you can't, just come inside." he replied before helping her up and taking her inside to sit in a seat right next to the stage. 

Y/n composed herself and the rally began a few moments later. Kai rambled on for a few minutes before Y/n decided it was time. She stood up and reached into her purse, causing Kai to stop speaking in confusion. "Everything okay y/n?" he asked confused. Tears came to Y/n eyes as she aimed the gun at Kai and pulled the trigger, killing him immediately. People screamed and started running. Y/n was able to hit Meadow, Ivy, Harrison, and a few other members before turning the gun on herself.