1.1

May 16, 2007

I was currently sitting at my desk, staring out the window of the upstairs classroom. Ahhhhhh. The view was amazing, it overlooked the canopy of autumn- stricken trees that glistened under the golden sun. To be honest, I actually hated the sun, but today was an exception. However, my irritation was growing due to the constant chatters of the class and the voice of my teacher as she spoke about God knows what. I didn't hate school, but it just posed too many challenges for me, and being a fifth grade student from out of town was the main one. My grades were exceptional as always, but the kids here seemed weird. They were definitely not like my previous classmates in Maryland.Thank God this was my last period anyway. My thought process was interrupted when I heard the school bell ringing.

K. Finally getting out this bitch. Them kids is doin too much wearin an tearin on us.

Oh Keisha, just shut the fuck up. I'm tired of your nagging.

K. Shiiiiiiiiiid you need to be telling your teacher and them classmates you got that. Always acting big and bad when it comes to me, but wanna act like a puthy ahh nigga in front of them.

Yea, whatever.

That's my conscience, her name is Keisha. I named her that because I've always wanted a friend named Keisha. To me, it was the name that belonged to a woman that was outgoing, funny, ghetto as hell, and loyal. Creating this distinct persona, mentally vocalizes my thoughts and helps me in more ways than anyone will ever know.

Anyways, I was trying to make it past all these damn slow kids so I could get back home. The good news was I caught the bus, but I realized that I took the wrong bus, as the scenery we passed by looked very unfamiliar. Fortunately, I told the bus driver and she took me to the correct destination. Life in Fredericksburg, Virginia was very relaxed and chill-the complete opposite of my home, though.

4:45

I got off the bus and thanked the driver. As I was making my way inside the house, I was immediately met with my mother asking a load of questions.

K. I'm really getting tired of her ass. I should tell you to pop her dead in her mouth right now.

I ignored whatever the hell Keisha was saying and listened to my mother.

"Where were you? What were you doing? Why are you just now making it home?" ,my mother inquired of me.

"I'm sorry ma. I caught the wrong bus by accident, and had to wait for the driver to drop off all the other kids. Then, she dropped me off here."

"My goodness I was worried about you little girl. Gon head and start your homework. Then, when you're done we gon eat dinner together."

"I already did my homework in class and finished the rest on the bus."

"Well damn," she replied scratching her head and looking at me. "Did you check it, and then check it again?"

"Yes ma."

"Alright I'll call everybody to come for dinner then. Don't forget to wash your hands,"I heard her say as I made my way to the hallway bathroom.

K. Thank you. Cause I was tired of just standing at the door like we didn't just have a long ass day at school, catch the wrong bus, and then become tired and hangry."

I chuckled. My room was parallel to the bathroom, so I just threw my bookbag in there. Then, I washed my face and hands. Acne was kicking me in the ass, and I was grateful enough to have had a dermatologist appointment 3 weeks ago. I could see some of the pimples dry up, but they left these small unsightly scars. Uggggggghhhh. I know you're probably wondering who's in my family, do I have siblings and all that. I do, actually. I have three younger sisters and two younger brothers. How, do not ask me.