Chapter 1-Shopping

It all started one normal Thursday morning. I was going dress shopping for formal, along with my friends Jess, Ivy, and Olivia. The four of us were estactic, hoping to find the one dress that we loved. We were going all out for it, too, breaking open our piggy banks, collecting old tooth fairy money, and splurging everything. Along with using our life savings as a budget, my friends and I were only going to the finest of dress stores. No secondhand thrift store would do, so that cut out a lot of options, along with bringing about a few new ones. We'd decided to go to Brianne's Boutique first, then Wild, Wonderful Weddings, and finally, Jewel Dresses.

Brianne's Boutique was a wash. They didn't have a single thing that anyone liked (or could afford, for that matter. We overestimated the price of formal dresses just a teeny bit).

Wild, Wonderful Weddings was no better. Who knew how many different styles of beautiful dresses could be ruined by ugly animal print?

Jewel Dresses, however, seemed to be just the store we needed. No uber-expensive gowns, no horrendous animal print, and most of the dresses seemed, well, cute! We looked around for a while, scanning the numerous racks of glitter-encrusted frocks, searching for something, anything that looked as if it could match whatever knick knacky-type hair accessory or bracelet we had at home.

Suddenly, something glittery and gold caught my eye, and I instantly was drawn into its vibrant yellow stripes. It was as if the metallic tinsel was pulling me towards it, thread by thread, stitch by stitch. I reached over and ran my hand over it. Soft. Very soft. I pulled the dress off of the rack and stared at it. Such an interesting shade of gold, too, with milky white stripes running through its length.

I ran over to Jess, shoving the gold and white fabric in her face.

"Look at this! This is the dress, I just know it! I can feel it in my gut."

Jess gave me a strange look, then glanced at the dress. "But you hate blue."