Chapter 1

"Please, God, forgive this lost lamb of her sins," Joseph's voice is heard muffled in the water, all while the young woman struggled and strained against the hold of her captor with her head forced and held under Bliss water, "Wipe her clean of her misdeeds, so she may walk upon your great fields pure and clean." She could vision start to fade and her lungs about to burst as her struggles become almost limp. "And now," Suddenly her head is lifted up from the water and she lets out a desperate gasp for air, coughing out water as her looked up at Joseph Seed through blurred vision, the rest of the Seed siblings standing behind him, "You, my child, are reborn," Joseph announced while prayers and hollers are heard from the back from the followers. Her runs a thumb over her forehead, pushing her drenched hair of her face, "Reborn to serve the Father, and help lead him and his people to salvation from the collapse." His eyes look down at her through his yellow lense sunglasses, "Understood?"

Panting softly, her breaths ragged and heavy as she took in air and let out, nodding with her hazy vision, "Yes, Father," She said softly as water dropped off her chin.

Satisfied with her answer, Joseph nods and takes a few steps back and continues his sermon, "(Y/n) (L/n), once a sinner from the dreaded Resistance, now reborn... As our archangel of Eden's Gate. One with our protectors. One with our big and joyous family! May thy Father grant her a long and prosperous life with us. And grant us all such. Amen."

"Amen!" The congregation bellowed in response. Joseph looked down at the young woman, who kneeled before him, hands bound behind her back as she stared at the ground before slowly looking up to look at Joseph Seed and his Heralds. The stained glass window behind them gave them a rather holy glow around them. Her (e/c) eyes scan over Faith and Jacob Seed before they meet with John Seed's blue ones and she swallows back the lump in her throat as tears form in her eyes.

"Amen..."

GASP!

With a sudden jolt, (Y/n) shoots up from her bed drenched in cold sweat. Panting and gasping for breath as her eyes frantically scanned her surroundings. She laid in a queen sized bed and she looked out the window with a grand view of the fields of Hope Valley from her ranch house with the morning sunrise, given to her as hospitality months ago after her rebirth. She lets out a shaky sigh and runs a hand through her hair, taking a few moments to calm down as she looks around and slowly slid out of bed. She walked to her bathroom, feet padding softly across the cold tile floor and she turned on the light and looked at herself in the mirror.

"Another day in Hope County," She hummed softly to herself as she began to get herself ready for her day, "And another day closer to the collapse."

Her radio turns on and begins to play a song as she turns on her shower and slips off her pajama pants and t-shirt, stepping into the shower and humming as the warm water hits her skin. She looks down at the scar that read "WRATH" along the back of both hands, given to her by John so long ago. (Y/n) has yet to atone for her sins and she sighs, shuddering at the thought of confessing her sins; it made her hands tingle. Shaking her head, she starts to wash herself while humming to the song that played and lathering soap along with conditioner into her hair. After a few moments of getting washed up and prepped with her hair and whatnot, she changes into her clothes and hums softly to herself more as she puts on a tiny bit of makeup. She sighs and walks out of her room, lightly but quickly walking down the stairs, through her living room and to her kitchen as she made herself a light breakfast. As the music played faintly in the background, she goes over to her phone and played messages left by the Heralds.