Chapter 2

(Y/n) pulls up to John's grand ranch home and lets out an exhausted sigh from her busy day, turning the engine off and stepping out of her car. Wanting to get this visit over with, she sped walked up to the door and knocked. Soon the door swings open to reveal the youngest Seed brother, flashing the young woman a warm smile. "Ah there she is," John said as he leaned against the doorway, "I'm in hopes that you bear good news?"

"Ehm," She hums with a soft grimace, "In a way..." John looks at her with a slight tilt of his head, blue eyes studying her while letting her into his home.

"Oh?" He guides her to his couch to sit on before taking a seat next to her, "How so?"

"Well, Mr. Rye requests more time to think about selling you his property." She informed before glancing up at John, who's eyes were once soft slightly hardened at this but smiled nonetheless.

"And why is that?" He asks, she continued to grimace softly while looking down at her hands, fingers subconsciously running along the scars.

"His wife is pregnant," She said while looking at John, "And he asks for more time to think about it because they would have nowhere to go if they were to sell you their property."

"Hrmn... That does make things difficult, doesn't it?" He asked while stroking his beard in thought.

(Y/n) nods with her soft grimace as the two sat there in momentary silence, the soft crackling heard by the fireplace as the flames danced together, "John," She started softly as he looked over at her, "The Ryes are very close friends of mine. You know this... Please, on my behalf, give them some more time." She said while looking up at him, (e/c) orbs meeting his baby blue ones, his stare caused the scars on her hands to tingle.

"What's in it for me?" He asked while clasping his hands together, his legs crossed and ankle resting on his knee.

She sat in thought, "I'll... I'll pull extra shifts," She said while looking at him, "I'll do anything, John. I just don't want any harm to happen to my friends."

"Well, there won't be any harm done, unless need be," John said with a hum, "But that won't happen until the first seal is broken and the Reaping begins when we purge the sinners." John reassured, making her let out a soft sigh. He studies her closely before leaning over to her, "How about this, I'll give them more time. In return, Mr. Rye hands over his float plane." He said and her eyes widened by just a fraction.

"But that's his prized plane, it's been handed down his family for generations—" She protested and he held up a hand to silence her before she could continue.

"I know, but that's the best I can do," He said as he glanced down at her hands, "Unless..." He trailed along and her eyes followed his gaze to her hands.

"Unless...?"

John takes her hands in his gently and flip them to study the sin scarred into the back of her palms, "Unless you're ready to confess to me your sins," He hummed and she paled slightly, gulping softly as a shiver ran down her spine when his thumbs ran over the scars, "That's another alternative." He hummed with a warm smile at her. (Y/n) let out a rather shaky and soft breath as she tried to hold back the tremble in her hands, not wanting to show fear while shaking her head.

"I... I'm not really ready yet, John..." She said softly while slowly pulling her hands from his, "I believe I still need to atone for my sins before I'm able to confess."

A look of slight disappointment crosses his face as he nods, "I understand, take your time. But that doesn't change the deal." He said as she sighed deeply and nodded.