Professionals

Enemies to Lovers.

You walked into the office, you had been preparing for a business proposal. It wasn't your first time, but it was important and you wanted to do well.

You didn't wear the stereotypical pencil skirt and white shirt. You instead wore a pantsuit. It made you feel a lot more confident when you walked through the halls at work.

Your co-worker, Alex had been there a little longer. He had a little more authority than you and was presenting a different idea than yours, sort of like a debate.

When you walked in to the conference room, you were pleased to find you had gotten there before Alex. Anything counts in business.

Alex was soon to follow, however. His clothes were professional, but his last few buttons were undone at the top. It made him look less put together than a classic businessman, but he did have some authority, so something he does must work.

Alex presented first. It was quiet before he walked up to the front of the conference room. He was confident. Although he didn't present himself professionally, he definitely spoke as though he was. You could tell the other people in the room were invested in what he was saying. He was very alluring.

It wasn't long before your time to present, however. You were prepared and sure as hell wasn't about to bow to Alex. You knew you were right. You just had to sell it.

You had put a lot of work into the presentation and the data as a whole, the other businessmen and women in the room were quickly drawn in to your argument.

"...and that would conclude my presentation. Are there any questions?" You felt so satisfied that the hard part was over. Until Alex decided to speak.

"I thought you had a wonderful presentation, but there is a flaw in your model. Where did you gather this data? It wouldn't appear to be entirely accurate to this business in particular."

He was critical, the others in the room nodded, curious for an answer.

Although Alex thought he had stumped you, he wasn't even close to bothering you.

"Excellent question, Mr. Turner. As I mentioned, I actually conducted my own research using samples from this business. I was able to draw significant statistical evidence that, might I say, was not included in your presentation."

You could tell that it burned Alex to his core for you to prove him wrong like that. The room was silent as he sat back in his chair, almost pouting.

"Any other questions?" You asked, happily.

Besides some other small questions, the meeting ended rather quickly.

You went about your day as normal, back to your desk to work on some other small tasks.

Someone walked up to your desk. You had never seen them before, but they apparently knew you.

"Mr. Turner would like to see you in his office after you've finished your work." They said.

Mr. Turner? Why would he want to see me? You had hoped it wasn't going to be anything extreme, especially after that sick burn in the meeting earlier.

You had never been to his office, or any floor higher than the one your office was on. The person who came up to your desk had directed you on how to get there.

You gathered yourself quickly and headed for the elevator, his office was a few floors up. When the door opened, you were shocked to see a different environment than what your office was. The floors were a shiny, smooth marble, everything was much more modern than your office. The offices had windows you could easily peek into, but they also had what looked like some very expensive blinds to hide whatever needed to be hidden.