Chapter 53

20k WHAT??

20k WHAT??

You guys are so amazing. Thank you so much to the silent readers as well. Thank you thank you thank youu <3

I just had to post another chapter after I saw this.

Francy's p.o.v

Boom. Clack.

The front door was slammed open. Me and Elric jumped apart so fast and scrammed to different sides of the couch that I somehow managed to slide off the couch and get on my feet before the person who barged in walked into the living room.

Kai stomped in breathless and stood in front of us in the middle of the living room. He was red in his face like was running to get here.

I panicked thinking maybe we got caught.

"Why did you say that? What did you mean by that?" Kai asked me, trying to catch his breath.

"Um?" He was staring at me and I just couldn't figure out what he was referring to. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Why did you ask Lucy to set Remi up with someone? Is that what she thanked him for? Did she say something? Did she want to be set up?" He asked, taking one last breath and staring at me intently.

I found myself dropping down on the arm on the couch. This was just...i was in shock. "Um.." I used my most gentle and patient tone. "Why do you care Kai?"

Oh my god.

He stood there contemplating if he should proceed with this conversation all the way. But he was already here.

"Just answer the question." He said, wiping the sweat of his forehead. "Answer and I'll tell you."

"I'll go make some coffee." Elric got up and made his way to the kitchen.

I sighed.  "No. She didn't ask for it. I wanted to set her up so I asked Lucy."

He seemed to go from red to pale in a second. He made his way to the couch and dropped there devastated.

I stood there in silence because I felt anything I could say would be WRONG in this situation. So I just remained quiet waiting for him to say something.

Even after a few minutes he hadn't said anything. Elric came back with the mugs and passed him one with black coffee. He gave me a mug with hot cocoa and then sat down on the couch hoping the awkward silence would stop.

"So..." Elric finally spoke.

"Can you not do that!!" Kai said and then explained himself. "Can you not set Remi up with a friend or anyone.?"