01

"Seriously Sparkle, how old are you?" Gina asked

"More like how old is she trying to be 50? Live a little damn, you spend your whole life surrounded by books and plants." Dezray added.

My two closest friends were trying to convince me to go to an opening of a club tonight. Quite frankly, the club isn't exactly my scene. At least not anymore, I just feel like I'm way past that right now.

"I'll think about it." I decided to say.

"I mean considering you normally give a flat out no, it is an improvement but we both know you're lying." Dezray said with an eye roll.

"Seriously I'll consider it guys."

"How about you just say you're down just for tonight." Gina said.

"You know what I just remembered, Haezan invited me to dinner tonight."

That definitely shut them up for now. The remaining hours of the day were quite busy. Most likely due to Mother's Day being around the corner, alot of people came into the shop to order flowers of all sorts.

"I'm home!" I yelled through the house.

"You're back early." Neisha my nanny said just as my baby came running to me with her Ipad in hand.

"Hey mommy's princess. How was your day?" I greeted as I hugged her.

"It was fine."

"Neisha can you watch her for just a little while longer? I forgot to mention I have to go out-

"It's no problem Sparkle, I'm more than happy that you're getting back out there."

"No it's not like that I'm meeting her dad."

I went into my bedroom and took a quick shower before deciding on an outfit. Once I was dressed, I fixed my hair and applied light makeup.

"I'll be back in a while babe, be good alright." I kissed her cheek and left the house hopping in my 2017 Honda accord.

"You liked the food I see."

"You know I did, this my favourite spot." I said looking up from my now empty plate.

"You right."

"So why am I really here Haezan, I know it ain't to simply have dinner."

"Maybe I just missed you

"Maybe I just missed you."

I can't lie a part of me missed him right back. Haezan was good for me at some point. I loved him, I probably still do. He treated me kindly and took care of me but all good things come to an end. Things weren't that sweet as the years went by. After seven years with this man I decided enough was enough. We broke up a year ago and have been coparenting since. It isn't always easy truthfully but he always makes sure he does his duties as a father for Heaven and I appreciate that. He is a great dad and I could never take that away from him.

"What is it that you want Zan?"

"Aight look, I want y'all to move back in with me." He said catching me by surprise.

"Come again?"

"You heard me."

"And why would we do that?"

"Come on mama, I miss my girls and I bet Heaven would prefer her parents living under the same roof anyway."

"Please don't make it sound like this all for Heaven. I'm not stupid."

"Chill out man, besides that's less bills for you-

"Oh please-

"Let's not pretend like you ain't struggling." He cut me off a bit too rude for my liking.

"I'm managing just fine thanks for the concern." I spat grabbing my purse.

"Sit down Sparkle."

I was done with this conversation so ofcourse I never turned around as I headed for the door. As soon as I got outside I felt him grab my arm and practically drag me to the parking lot.

"Let me go Haezan!" I shouted.

"Chill on all the yelling ma, I'm trynna help your ass out. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't even be living in that big house or have the new whip you rolling in after you crashed the last one."

"So you're just gonna throw all that in my face now?" I mugged him.

"It's not safe for y'all-

"What you mean by that? What you done dragged us into Haezan!?"

"The less you know the better but I'm trynna keep y'all safe. If you care about that, it shouldn't be nothing to think about." He said letting me know I didn't have a choice.

"I hate you." I uttered yanking my arm out of his grip.

"I bet you wish you meant that." He said with a smirk.

"I need to go and relieve the nanny." I said changing the topic.

"Y'all moving in tomorrow. I'll send Jaybee to help ya out."

"Whatever." I mumbled already walking off to my car. Every time I'm feeling content with my life I'm reminded by how much I hate men. Men have ruled every aspect of my life. I was raised by my dad in Staten Island, New York. He was the only man I truly trusted with my life and the only one who had been constant throughout and treated me like a princess.

My dad was truly my everything and more. I know he would've loved to see his grand daughter grow but unfortunately God had other plans when he died in a car crash when Heaven was only two years. She doesn't even remember him and that hurts me so bad because they absolutely adored each other.

The woman who birthed me was anything but a mother. Always high on something and smelling like a junkie is how I remember the woman who gave me life. Whenever I would spend time at her poor excuse of a house, I remember her always having different men in the house. It wasn't until I got older did I realise what was really happening right infront of me. It wasn't until I had to endure being raped by her pimp almost every night for a full year did I start to despise her. The woman was an addict and spent all of her money on anything but me.  She was too high to even remember my name most days. My father was beyond heart broken when he found out what was going on in that house. I remember seeing his bruised and bloody knuckles when he walked in on Niko abusing me while my mom slept her high away. It was a scene that constantly replayed in my mind for years. I haven't seen my mother ever since nor Niko. I can't even imagine how much worse my life would've been if they were still around. Moving to Atlanta was the best thing I probably did in my life, after having my babygirl. My life isn't perfect but I'm trying as hard as I can. One day I know I'll become the woman my dad wanted me to be.