A Shoulder To Cry On

This one shot happens 5-6 months after 'The Marriage Proposal'. Not publishing this one shot in the same one as the 'The Marriage Proposal' book as this can be read stand alone.

One more thing, you might find it cliche or cringy. This one shot, can't say one shot also, is a small scene between couples. So this would be small one shot unlike my usual long one shots. Hope you like it.

**********

Chandru heard whistle sound from the kitchen when Night Walker was walking towards Bran to kill him. (AN/- Reference Game of thrones)

"Yazh, can you turn off the stove?" He shouted while keeping his eyes on TV.

"Come on! Someone should save him! Come on come on." Chandru was muttering nervously while sitting on the edge of the bed.

When he heard sound of wind in the TV, "Woah! Arya!" His heart beat started to raise and the same time he again heard the whistle sound.

"Urgh", he paused the scene.

Before calling her again, he leaned forward to get a peak at living room and saw his girlfriend busily typing on her phone.

He couldn't see her face, but felt that she is in tense mood. So he went to the kitchen to turn off the stove.

It was Saturday night, usually both of them go out during the weekends for dinner, but due to lockdown they started to cook in home itself. And today they decided to prepare Briyani. It was long time since they had Indian food in Germany, so they decided to cook Indian foods weekend.

As he was waiting for the pressure to be released from the cooker, he heard footsteps of Yazhini walking towards kitchen

"Chandru" she whispered.

Is she crying?

Chandru turned around to see her fidgeting her fingers and looked as if she would cry at any moment.

"Yazh, what happened bab..." Before he could ask her what was bothering her, she crushed against his chest with tight hug.

"He is no more." She mumbled.

"Pardon?"

"Morning I told you about a grandpa right?" Yazhini mumbled against his chest.

"Yes yes. You were saying about a grandpa who seems to be grumpy and anti social. Yeah I remember."

"was"

"Huh?" Chandru frowned.

"No more is. He passed away."

He hugged her tight.

"How?"

"Died in his sleep" she mumbled.

"What about his family?" He asked while slowly cradling her.

"Wife died long back - around 4 years. And they don't have any children."

"Lonely final years." He sighed.

"Yeah, but he did spend his time with his neighbours. He reminded me of my grandpa. After my grandma died, he is also lonely now he is slowly coming out of the shock."

"You spoke to your grandpa?"

"Not yet. If I speak now I will cry."

"Maybe tomorrow?" He suggested.

She nodded her head in agreement.

"You want to talk about him?"

She shook her head no.