Chapter 43

the stranger starts to pull their arm up, pulling midoriya up as well. they reach for his other hand and with one final pull, midoriya comes crashing on top of the building.

and straight onto the stranger.

grunts are heard as midoriya's brain tries to process what's happening. he hears someone clear their throat, making him go back to his senses.

midoriya gets off the stranger, allowing them to sit up and dust themselves off. "w-why.." midoriya trails off in shock.

the stranger looks at midoriya and stares at them blankly, "why not?" the fire back.

"why would you save me?" midoriya asks, ignoring that last comment. he takes this time to take in this stranger's appearance. (h/l), (h/t), (h/c) hair, simple clothing, right eye a foggy but clear gray and left eye plain white as milk with a scar running over it. he realizes it's a girl but is too much in shock to freak out over it.

"because i don't wanna see someone die in front of me. i don't know what's got you to this point but i don't think this is the answer." the girl says.

midoriya looks away and rubs his neck. he doesn't even realize tears are falling down his cheeks until the girl points it out.

"hey um, i know that almost... happened but, why are you crying?" the girl asks, silently freaking out about the crying boy in front of her.

"i-i wanna... b-become a h-hero but, i d-don't have a quirk. i g-get bullied for it and my i-idol just told me i can't be a-a hero without a quirk." midoriya says as he starts to stutter and hiccup.

the girl hands him a water bottle in hopes of calming him down. midoriya takes the bottle from the the girl's hand and starts sipping on the liquid.

after a while, midoriya calms down and stares at the girl who's been staring at him the whole time. he gulps as he adverts eye contact. "t-thank you.. for saving my life.." midoriya whispers.

the girl also looks away, focusing on her white sneakers. "um, you're welcome. listen i-um, i'm not really great with advice but whoever's been bullying you because you're quirkless is just an asshole. i don't think it'll be easy but, you seem to have determination so i think you'll be a good hero."

midoriya's eyes widen as he looks back at the girl, more tears starting to pour out of his eyes, "t-thats all i've w-wanted to hear. is s-someone telling me i could be a hero. t-thank you... thank you so much!" midoriya says as he closes his eyes and clutches his heart.

the girl sits there, mouth parted open in shock. 'this poor kid. what has he been through?' she thinks. this is one of the most random situations she's been thrown in. if not, the most random.

midoriya's crying ceases to a stop, only coming out to a few sniffles here and there. "w-what's your name?" he asks the girl sitting across from him.

"oh. it's y/n rai. you are?" the girl says as she sticks her hand out towards midoriya. midoriya sniffles as he timidly sticks his hand out to the girl.

"izuku. izuku midoriya!" midoriya exclaims, shaking the girl's hand. the two stare at each other as their hands stay connected but it's broken by the girl who takes her hand back.

"wait... rai? as in, satoshi rai?" midoriya asks out loud. the girl doesn't even get to speak as midoriya starts to fanboy.

"he's one of the most successful scientists out there! he makes all types of hero costumes and gadgets for all types of heroes! he's gotten many awards for his talent and is one of the wealthiest people living!"