Small Steps.

Harry's POV

Paul shut the tour bus door and we drove away from the screaming stadium. "That...that was insane." Niall shook his head, his eyes sparkling as he stared straight ahead. "I can't believe the reaction we keep getting, I mean it's been a few weeks and it still amazes me." We all nodded in agreement and I smirked at Louis who was staring at me.

"You know what the best thing is? I get to share it with you guys." Liam looked around at all of us and Louis scoffed. "Bit sappy."

"I know I know, but really I'm so happy you two could sort it out and get along, it means a lot to me and I know it must be difficult." He pointed between me and Louis, "like you have to see each other all the time but I'm just so....proud? Yeah...proud." He smiled and Zayn shifted uncomfortably, staring at the ground. We both watched him and made awkward eye contact with each other, grimacing. "Sorry, sorry I made it awkward." Liam held his hands up defensively.

The bus drove us to the hotel and we all piled off, walking to our rooms. Mine, Louis' and Liam's were all in a row with Zayn's and Niall's opposite.

We all said cheerful goodnights and let our selfs in to our rooms. I locked my door quickly and raced over to the door that joined mine and Louis' room, letting myself in. He was stood waiting for me and grinned when I walked in.

"What took you so long?" I walked up to him and he placed his hands on my waist, pulling me towards him and kissing me. "Sorry sir."

"Ooo I like that." He smirked at me and I laughed.

"Sshhh Liam's only nextdoor." I mimicked zipping my lips and throwing away the key before pressing them to his. He pushed me backwards so that my calfs touched the edge of the bed and then he pushed me onto it, lowering me gently so he could crawl over me. His knees were either side of my legs and his bum was rested on my crotch. Our hands were playing silly games until he stretched my arms out on the mattress above my head and interlocked our fingers. He started peppering my neck in kisses and removed his hands from mine to unbutton my shirt. He chuckled to himself, "You know it's a good thing you only do up half the buttons, makes my life easier." His fingers kept undoing buttons until eventually he pulled me up, flinging my shirt across the room and sucking on my chest to make a love bite.

Suddenly, there was a loud knocking at the door followed by Liam's voice, "Lou?"

He stopped kissing me and sat back, resting on his knees. He signalled for me to stay quiet. "Maybe he'll go away", he whispered. We returned to making out for a few seconds but were interrupted again. "LEWIS! I've got your keycard I'm gunna come in."

My heart started pounding but Louis jumped up and threw my t-shirt at me pointing to the door that joined our rooms. I raced over, dropping the shirt and tripping over it, nearly knocking a lamp over. Louis watched grimacing but turned to face the door ready to block Liam. I picked the shirt up and slid into my room, closing the door quietly behind myself. I breathed out anxiously and stood pressed against the door, listening in.

Liam said something about going out and Louis said no. The conversation dragged for a little bit but eventually Louis opened the door and laughed. "Man, that was close." I laughed with him and moved in to hug him. "God, that was stressful." We wrapped our arms around each other and I ducked down to rest my head on his shoulder.

"Louis?"

"Mmhm?"

"I love you."

He pulled away instantly and paced to the other side of the room. "Small steps Harry."

"What? It's not like we haven't said it before." He ran a hand through his hair. "Before, it's different now, we've started again."

"The feelings don't just switch off." He didn't reply. "Are you telling me that you don't love me now?"

"That's not what I'm saying."

"So you do love me?"

"OF COURSE I DO HARRY! But everything is different now."

"Just say it."

"I CAN'T" I walked over and pulled his head gently towards me so he was snuggled in my chest. "I love you Louis and I don't care if you never say it again." One small tear rolled gently down my cheek and landed on his shoulder.