Chapter four:Cheating

At the next practice the ducks worked on taking falls. If he thought y/n would cheat, boy was he wrong.

"One more time!"

"Take the fall, act hurt, get indignant." They all chanted, except for Y/N of course.

"Good.."
——

The game started and everyone was falling left and right. She refused to fall the entire time but she did end up falling, a player two times her size smashed into her sending her to the floor.

"Line change!" Bombay yelled. She slowly skated off the ice.

"Nice fall, Hampton." He complimented.

"That was real." She clutched her knee and tried to take her pads off to see if it was bruised. She pulled up her pants and looked at her knee, a little red but not awful.

She pointed her attention back to the game the team was taking falls left and right. It was exasperating. She watched as her team hardly made an effort to get the puck. As the other team skated down the ice they came up to Goldberg, right as they shot he fell right down.

"Are you kidding me? Did you see what he did to me." Goldberg argued with the ref trying to convince him that he was knocked down.

"Goldberg..."

"What?" He said irritated.

"Goldberg, you don't take the fall while they're shooting at you."

"Well I guess you didn't explain that very well, did ya." Bombay rubbed his head with his hands.

"District five!"

"I throw my self on the ice-" Goldberg continued.

"Cut the acting class, one more dive and I forfeit to the jets."

"What? I'm insulted by that!" He yelled.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Terry cheered while hitting Karp in the head.

"Quit it!"

"Face-off let's go!"

They did the face off and not too long after Charlie was caught in between two giant players. Bombay signaled him over.

"Charlie! That guy is twice your size. The next time he gets you in a corner like that, I want you to grab your eye like it's cut and then hit the ice! Got it?" Charlie skated away after hearing Bombay's orders.

Once again Charlie was caught in between the boards and a player.

"Come on Charlie!" He called out. Charlie looked at Bombay and didn't drop down but hit the puck and passed it to Guy.

"Damn it Charlie!"

——
"We can't even win when we cheat." Someone complained.

"Stupid cake eater tricks."

"That was embarrassing." Connie said.

"Charlie, what the hell is that matter with you?" Charlie looked at Bombay with a frustrated look on his face.

"When I tell you to do something,you do it! Got it? Look at me! You got it!" His words made Y/N furious. She hated seeing her best friend upset.

"You can't make me cheat." He threw his helmet down and stomped out.

"Jesse,terry. Let's go." He turned to Gordon, "this is what I gave up my overtime pay for? To see my kids taking falls?" Him and his kids stomped out.

He turned his attention to Y/N,

"And you. You didn't take any falls today! The entire team tried but you!"