Chapter 23- LATE NIGHT WALK

Finally, they reached the ice cream parlor. 

Nandini- one choco chip ice cream, (looking towards Manik) which one will you have?

Manik- thank you, I am good.

Nandini- itne formal kyun ho rahe ho, aur ice cream ko mana karna is a crime. So tell me which one?

Manik- Mango 

Nandini- waah, itni jaldi maan gaye?

Manik- ab maanu toh problem, na maanu toh problem

Both of them smiled recalling that Nandini had said the same line a while back.

Nandini(orders)- one choco chip and one mango.

Nandini was taking out her purse when Manik held her hand and stopped her.

Nandini- what?

Manik- it's on me

Nandini- no Manik, tum yaha tak aaye because I wanted to have an ice cream so I will pay.

Manik- arre tumhari ice cream ke murder ka compensation de raha hoon.

Nandini- ok wait, you pay for my ice cream and since you came here for me, I will pay for yours!

Manik- so 50-50 haan, not bad, mere saath rehkar tum kaafi smart ho gayi.

Nandini- of course!

They paid the bill and collected their ice creams. Nandini was about to leave from there when Manik stopped her.

Manik- kaha? first sit and eat.

Nandini- the weather outside is so good. Main yaha baith kar nahi kha rahi. Let's go.

They walked on the footpath in silence while having their ice creams. Manik cleared his throat to get her attention. Nandini looked at him with a raised eyebrow and asked,

Nandini- kuch kehna hai?

Manik- haan bas aise hi kuch poochhna tha.

Nandini- shoot!

Manik- you know that main is trip par apne project ke liye aaya tha but I was just wondering that what brought you here?

Nandini stiffened listening to his question as her mind got clogged up by those harsh words that Aryaman had said to her. Manik's voice brought her back to reality.

Manik- Nandini, are you fine?

Nandini- its too late, we should head back.

Manik- ya ok, nahi batana toh seedha seedha bol do.

Manik kept walking only to notice that Nandini was not beside  him. He turned around to look at her. This was the first time that he saw her otherwise warmth filled eyes, with a cold and emotionless expression.

Nandini- I came here to find myself. 

Manik- matlab?

Nandini- sometimes we just want to disappear but all we really want is to be found!

Nandini blabbered while Manik looked at her with seriousness washing over his face.

Manik- woah, that was deep!

Nandini(smiles)- well, I was in such a situation. Main khudko question karne lagi thi. Duniya ke opinions ki wajah se khud par doubt karne lagI thi. 

Manik(seriously)- if you want you can share, I am all ears.

They both resumed their walk. Nandini told him everything about Aryaman and her relationship, then the coming of Soha in their lives, then Aryaman leaving her, and then coming to this trip. She didn't know why did she share something so personal with a guy she had just met a few days back, but it seemed right. She wanted to just let it out and she didn't feel hesitant to open her heart before him. After sharing everything, she looked at him only to find him having a soft smile on his lips and respect in his eyes.

Manik- Nandini tumhe pata hai tum bohot strong ho. Sachi, no one can say by looking at you ki yeh tumhara first independent trip hai. Aur haan tum kabhi bhi uss gadhe ke liye rona mat. Tumahare Aiyappa ne bilkul theek kiya, gadhe aur chudail ki jodi bana di. 

Nandini chuckled lightly much to his relief.

Nandini- aur tum itne confidence se kaise bol sakte ho ki woh gadha tha?

Manik- tumhe jo chhod diya, aur kya proof chahiye?

His statement made Nandini's cheeks turn into a light shade of red and he bit his lower lip after realizing what he just said.

Manik- par achha hai na tumhe chhod diya, varna how would you have become my wife?

Nandini(fake glare)- Manik, we had decided na that we will forget about it, so don't talk about it.

Manik(playfully)- kyun, tumhe kuch kuch hota hai?

Nandini- nahi par ab tumhe bohot kuch hoga. 

Saying this Nandini started punching him lightly and Manik started running with Nandini behind him.

Manik(short of breath)- achha ab bas, thak gaye.

Nandini- haan bohot thak gaye. Hotel bhi aa gaya.

Manik- chalo 

They entered the hotel and headed towards their room.

Manik- you have come alone for the first time na

Nandini- Haan toh

Manik- nahi lagta nahi, mere pehle trip par toh mera bura haal ho gaya tha. Jaate time toh maa ne packing kar di thi par aate time main aadha samaan hotel mein hi chhod aaya tha. Maine socha hotel ke free ke shampoo aur soap lekar jaunga aur maa ko gift kardunga toh she will feel so proud ki maine unse itna kuch seekha hai, but, unfortunately, soap aur shampoo ke chakkar mein main apna personal samaan hi rakhna bhool gaya.

Nandini laughed out loud hearing this. Manik looked at her laughing so freely and smiled.

Nandini- iss baar packing karte time check kar lena duffer!

Manik- hmm, vaise tumne first time ke hisaab se sab kuch akele kaafi achhe se manage kar liya matlab abhi tak one piece mein theek thaak ho! kya baat hai Nandu baby!

Nandini- main iss trip mein sirf Kamnagarh ke bus station tak hi akeli thi!

Saying this she inserted her keys to open the door leaving behind a confused Manik.

Manik(confused)- par tum toh akeli hi aayi ho na Udaipur

Nandini- dekha, I call you duffer for a reason

Manik- Nandini, now you are really confusing me

Nandini- good night Manik!

Nandini entered her room and closed the door.

Manik- good night toh theek hai, but uske saath hai kaun. Kamnagarh bus station, oh wait a second, uss bus station par toh hum mile the! So did she actually say what I am thinking. Par baat toh sahi hai na, Kamnagarh ke station se abhi tak, we have been together. Kya Manik, sahi kehti hai woh, ekdum duffer hai tu! 

He blushed after figuring out what Nandini had meant to say.

///////////

Hey!

Hope you guys enjoyed reading the chapter!

So Nandini shared her past with Manik!

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

INLINE COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED.

Next chapter will be out soon, Stay tuned!

Thank you,

Stay safe and Take care,

Best wishes,

Inaayat