A Searing Burst Of Light (Part 1)

Bold = What is going on on-screen
Bold Italics = Voice over on-screen
Italics = My voice
Normal = What is going on in the theatre

There is a burst of light, then darkness. We see an abandoned skiff.
Alina: When I was young, I was afraid of the dark.
We see the pattern on the sail, a Phoenix.
Alina: When I got older, I learned that darkness is a place, and it's full of monsters.
Growling can be heard, then darkness once again.

Most people shiver from seeing the inside of the Fold.

We see someone drawing a map, it is revealed to be Alina.
Alina: I live in East Ravka, but I've never been welcome here because I look like my mother, and she looked like the enemy.
Alina is in a wagon with others.

Alina is stared at once again but quickly stop when they see Mal glaring at them, even the Grisha.

Alexei: Alina, how can you do that in here?
Alina: Bumps help with texture.
Mapmaker: The Fold looks different on mine. I need to get a better view from your country.
Someone pushes his head.
Mapmaker 2: She grew up here. Come on!
Back to Alina.
Mapmaker 2: The Shu Han didn't want her either.
The Lead manager wishes her head through the divider.
Lead Mapmaker: Cartographers, listen up. We're almost there. Pack up and be ready to leave.
Alina and Alexei's face are on screen again
Lead Mapmaker: And if you lose anything, you will not be getting a replacement.
Everyone starts moving as the lead manager pulls her head back through the divider.
Alina: But they aren't the monsters. They're just boys.
Growling can be heard again and everyone pauses and looks up.
Alina: I learned about my true enemy when I was a child.

We can see young Alina's hands trace over a map.
Young Alina: Is it real?
We see her face and an old woman in a chair.
Ana Kuya: If course it's real.
We see Ana's face up close.
Ana Kuya: The Fold are your parents.
Alina closed her eyes in sadness.

Most people feel sorry for the girl but don't notice the tears going down Alina's face but Mal hugs her and softly whispers comforting words to her.

Ana Kuya: It's the reason for many of the orphans here. People try to cross. Taunting the saints.
Young Alina: Then why cross it? Why not go around?
Ana Kuya: Read the map. The North want our Grisha dead,

Matthias is glared at again but he pretends not to notice even though he is very uncomfortable.

Ana Kuya: The South guards it's mountains. We have nowhere else to go. Now work on your shading, girl. Keep a pencil in your hand.  Or else someone will put a rifle in it instead.
Alina: I spent years thinking I'd find a way out. Around the Fold, to go somewhere where no one cares where I'm from.

We hear thunder and see Alina again.
Alina: But now, I'm old enough to know the only way out is through.
We hear more growling, and as Alina walks to the edge of the hill we see the Fold and a soldier encampment next to it.

Almost everyone trembles in fear of the Fold. Baghra doesn't care:It's; Aleksander is proud of his creation; Jesper, Kaz and Inej hide any fear they may have and Milo is a goat.

"Bla-ah" Everyone looks at the goat wondering what it is doing there and some are glad it took attention away from the Fold.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated but I am having to watch the show to type and I got pulled down other fandoms as well.