1. when my terible death was decided by a cat

narrators pov.

The young children all around beamed joyfully despite the gloomy weather as if their joy was momental. Unbeknownst to the children all around and their peers and friends there amongst them in their own little bubble a child swung back and forth. The slight wind felt slightly chilled as the little y/n swing back and forth upside down of the monkey bars. They hummed a calming tune with their eyes closed as the blood flowed to their head but causing no pain to the shockingly calm child. Y/n climbed down from the place that they found ever so comfortable as they started walking towards the doors of the gloomy orphanage. Sure the orphanage wasn't quite as gloomy but to y/n it wasn't just any ordinary orphanage but a secret layer of the villains. The quite eccentric kind of the kid was one that couldn't be calmed so easily and so its something she would embrace.

They walked fiddling with the loose string on there sweater wearing a pair of jeans that barely fit them since they were given from their older friend who was 12 and not exactly the size of a 7 year old. But either way y/n was thankful and cuffed the jeans by there ankles once they received them. They appreciated all they ever got but always wondered why no one would appreciate what they would give. It troubled the little child making them wonder if something was wrong with them. It had always been a issue since pre-school when she introduced herself to the class but everyone shied away from them. Was it the fact they were an orphan or was it something else? Such things lead to there dreams of saving the world and being the next super girl/man to start fading early on along with all the other joyful things other kids got to enjoy. But it wasn't there fault life played them a hard hand of cards early on, they couldn't help but feel that someday they would prove them all wrong and that they would be stronger then the little pee brains of the other children would expect. And that thought brought them joy throughout the years. One very thought keeping a kid balanced on the tightrope over thousands of pirañas trying to suck the life out of them. 

The calm and dazed kid walked there way through the orphanage door and smiled at the kids playing chess on floor even if they didn't smile back. The lap on the front desk flickered and y/n walked by the children and moved forth continuing their way up to the kitchens where you'd always find the neighbourhood kitten Aida. The cat looked up to the child and jumped off the kitchen counter. Y/n let their lips tilt up into a easy smile as they ripped a pice if bread off from a warm loaf sitting on the opposite counter.

"shhhh don't tell anyone alright? miss lana would be soooo mad." Y/n spoke to the kitten even thought they knew the feline wouldn't answer. In the palm of y/n's hand say the price of bread as she belt against the counter. palm wide open the feline grabbed to food.

The fluffy little black kitten with a white circular white spot around her left eye began to stretch and off she went. The kid and the kitten were like two pease in a pod or maybe friends with benefits in a sense? Y/n would give Aida food past feeding times and in return Aida would return with a friendship and bond the two shared.

The kitten pounced off the counter and out the room with a pristine walk on the tips of her paws.  Leading the child over to a bench at the front of the orphanage by the door. The pristine kitten with her little head held high leaped up on the bench as y/n walked calmly to the bench to join the kitten as sat down at the familiar spot.

Aida purred rubbing the side of her face against y/n's little hand as she propped herself up in a ball on the lap of the seven year old. Joy filled the kids little heart as they scratched the felines head and watched a little tornado of leaves chase after each other outside the window. Y/n's back against the wall and face turned towards the window they started to get sleepy a yawn catching up the the child coming from them right before they fell asleep.

The child didn't know any better but by the time their eyes fluttered open the only light seen outside were the street lights that lit the city. The lady at the front desk didn't notice
y/n luckily and left off to bed leaving the child alone in the dimly lit room.

ding.

The bell at the top of the entrance door rang making the child nearly jump out of there skin and Aida jump off them with a start and climb up the stairs to the sleeping quarters of the orphans away from y/n which would've made them frown if they weren't in so much shock from the surprise noise.

In came a women with a look of wonder in her eyes. Y/n got down and hid under the bench their hand over there mouth to spare any chance of a noise to attract the intruder. Y/n tried to move their foot to fix their position but in doing so their foot hit the wooden leg of the bench having the noise catch the women's attention as she turned her head slowly to the front desk as if she didn't hear anything. The women sat down on the bench as y/n kept there eyes shut tightly in terror not wanting to open them to whatever sight she would see.

"don't worry child I wont hurt you." said soothing voice as y/n slowly removed their hand from their face. " don't be afraid i just want to talk to you, i'm not a kidnapper you know. I would've taken you already." Y/n crawled out from under the bench and slowly took the seat beside the womenhesitantly as the women looked at y/n with joy and a curiosity no one had looked at y/n with before.

"you're needed more then you think y/n, just know sometimes you have to look close to see it. Trust me you'll see your worth within time maybe in the next few years, maybe months but just know you are a hero yourself." y/n felt a explosion of joy engulf them but not before the odd women pulled out an antique looking pair of binoculars from a little satchel she carried.

"for me?" y/n asked with their brows furrowed as their eyes connected with the women's as a sense of ease settled over y/n.

"to enhance your sight, maybe it will help you know when someone is in danger huh?" the women joked with y/n, even if the child hadn't told anyone but themselves about this dream they went along with the mysterious lady who they were ever so fond of now considering the gift and such positive words.

" I have got to go kiddo but just know tough times are ahead, but that doesn't mean you can't catch them off guard, take good care of those ok? For me?" y/n nodded as the women left with another

ding.

The binoculars sat in the child's hand as they placed the band attached on the binoculars around their neck and watched the city lights in the dark night sky. Almost as beautiful as stars some would say. But the child wasn't just watching the star like lights, they were planing their battle against the next villain to come sweeping over New York.

That night y/n fell asleep with hope in their dream of helping people but not only that but a new mentor, the mysterious lady who walked in, in the night to help the little child in need.

"thank you." Y/n whispered whispered with a soft smile as they fell asleep on the bench and welcomed sweet dreams into their near future.

But the child hadn't seen a little note left on the widow for them the before sleep crept up taking its place.
On the window the young child laid their head against a little paper note with the words

" be carful, the gamble of life is hard young
y/n but there will come a time where you'll be the one to decide so. I wish you luck. -your dearest friend"

But y/n wouldn't get to see this as the winds took the note up and away with its drift of cold air.

i hope you enjoyed :] <33
-seren