Chpt 16

Zeena's Pov

I try not to wince as I walked from the restroom and back to the table with the rest of the girls. My ankle was slowly starting to get irritated the more weight I put on it. Imma have to cuss Cece out later for putting me through this crap cuz I know when I wake up in the morning, it's gonna be swoll up.

Once I make it back Cily switched seats with me and they were laughing at something. I plopped in my chair with my arms folded and legs spread. "What y'all talking about?" I ask wanting to be apart of the of the conversation. They shushed me making me frown at them and Sarah ushered me in to come closer to her to hear her whisper.

"Peep the table at the 9 o'clock." She whispers and I look directly to the right but it was an empty table. I look at her weirdly and she shakes her hand. "My bad my bad, 6 o'clock." She redirects and I frown looking diagonally behind me and I almost choked on my saliva.

How many times was I finna see this boy today?

I quickly turned back around towards our table and put some of my hair in my face. The girls giggle and Cece points her finger behind me. "That's Mikey and Melo and them." She says pretty loudly and I slap her hand. "I know, stop pointing. It's rude!" I whisper yell to her but she just laughs with the other girls.

I rest my elbows on the table, I didn't feel so comfortable anymore. "Girl...look look look, he keeps looking over here." Sarah whispers but I ignore her cuz she was just making a big deal outta nothing. "Look!" She kicks my leg under the table and I mean mug her before turning around.

And as her words stated, I found his eyes set in this direction with his fingers playing with his chin. I saw his eyes look down to my feet then up to my eyes. I felt my breathing start to get heavy and I turned back towards our table again, too nervous to look back again.

"Oooooh girl I know you saw that." Cece dragged out with large eyes looking between me and that general area. Sarah cooed with Cece, nudging my feet underneath the table. Cily puts her phone down and leaned forward. "Wait what's the big deal with this Mikey—"

"That's Zee's man!" Cece cuts her off with an aggressive smile and I signal her to chill. "No, it's not." I chuckle at her absurd ness. Cily giggles and gets up when her phone starts ringing. I slid back in my original seat once she left the table.

"The way y'all are talking about him, he might as well be." Skai talks for the first time since we got here. She says dryly.

I shook my head at her. "No it's not even like that, y'all are the ones making this a bigger deal than it is. Like I've never even had a conversation with the boy." I explain but I felt a kick under the table again. "Well your about to now because he's coming over here." Cece says through gritted teeth and sits up in her seat.

"Wha—oh my God." I turn around surely enough I see the whole table making they over to our table. "My cousin over here?" Melo asks the table avoiding me and Sarah jumps in. "No, she's not she went to the restroom." She informs with a big smile and he sighs in relief pulling up a chair next to her. "Thank God cuz I'm not tryna hear her mouth." He says and the girls giggle.

I rub the back of my neck and stayed as close to the wall as possible. I heard chairs scrapping the floor, being pulled up to the table. My leg started to shake as I saw a sky blue coat in my Peripheral vision. He sat in the chair that was next to me and the wind from him hit my nose. I bit my lip and faced the wall, resting my forehead on it. Damn he smelt good as hell.

"I like how y'all just sat at our table with out asking..." Sarah jokes with a fake attitude playing with her hair. Melo took his jacket off and placed it on the back of Sarah's chair. "I did. I asked if my cousin was here." He says nonchalantly making Sarah giggle at him. I mentally rolled my eyes at her effortless flirting.