𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚣𝚎𝚛𝚘

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
The Last Of Us
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
「𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎」
「𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎」
「𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚣𝚎𝚛𝚘」
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
'*•.¸♡ Alexis ♡¸.•*'
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

: ̗̀➛ October 1981

Never before have I felt my heart drop so fast. The necklace my brother gave me going cold on my chest, I could feel his life force draining away with each degree that the piece of jewel dropped.

I forgot how to breathe, my heart pounding as I rushed out of the Black ancestral home, not even bothering to put my shoes on, I only had one thing on my mind.

James.

My brother.

James.

My biggest supporter.

James.

The godfather of my sons.

James.

My best friend.

James.

A piece of who I am.

I apperated to to Godrics Hollow, my breath catching in my throat as I took in the destroyed house.

I urged James and Lily to stay at Potter Manor, and James wanted to, but Dumbledore insisted they stay at Godrics Hollow, and Lily agreed. I wish my naive sister-in-law wasn't so trusting of the manipulative man.

I ran inside the house, my feet getting cut on broken glass, but that was the least of my problems.

I nearly fell over when I saw the body laying near the door. The dead body. My hands were shaking and I could barely think over the sound of my own pounding heart.

"James..." my voice was shaky, I prayed to Hecate that James was just passed out, and not actually dead. You're being naive, the logical part of my brain reminded me, James is dead, you can see it clear as day, you shouldn't waste your time crying right now, go check and see if Lily and Harry are alive. For the first time I could think of, I ignored the logical part of myself.

I fell to my knees next to him, his messy raven hair seemed to have lost its bounce, since it fell flatly on his head, his hazel eyes that matched mine, usually full of life and mischief, stared blankly in front of him, the knuckles on his right hand were burst open, like he had punched something or someone before he died.

"James," my voice shook, tears blurring my vision as I grabbed him by the shoulder, "wake up. Harry needs you. Lily needs you. I need you. You can't die. You can't leave me. You can't leave me like mum and dad." My tears fell on his cheek, but still he remained unresponsive.

I hiccuped, my tears flowing faster down my cheeks, probably making it an ugly, blotchy red. My hands shook as I unhooked the necklace of a fox from his neck and, with shaky hands, wrapped it around my left wrist to wear as a makeshift bracelet.

"If Lily's alive, I'll take care of her. If Harry's alive, I'll protect him. I'll give my life for his if need be. I'll protect him. I'll love him like one of my own." I choked out as I leaned down and pressed a kiss to his cheek.