Miracle Queen Rules

Marinette was ecstatic to be alone with Prince Adrien. Their hands were almost touching on the seat of the carriage. She was about to try to hold his hand when suddenly she felt the carriage lurch to a stop, throwing the two of them to the floor, Adrien on top of Marinette. They both blushed.

"Princess, are you alright?" Adrien asked immediately, starting to get back in the seat and helping her up.

"Y-yes, I'm alright. But what made the driver stop?"

"Let me check." Adrien said, opening the door of the carriage, trying to go out and talk to the driver, but he was immediately pushed back into the carriage by some random citizens, "What the- what's happening?"

Marinette looked out of the window, and was horrified at the sight. While some people were fleeing from giant wasps, others were stung and their eyes were taken over by a yellow haze, making them angry. She saw her citizens burning the flag and cursing her parent's name. Suddenly the driver turned the carriage around, going back towards the castle at high speed, not bothering to make the two royals in the back comfortable. Marinette struggled to keep steady as she looked out the window, seeing citizens marching in unison towards the castle, all with yellow eyes.

"I think they're hypnotized, but why are they taking us back home?" Marinette asked.

Adrien put a protective arm around her, which made her blush despite the situation, "I don't know, but it can't be good. I think Hawkmoth has sent another akuma...."

It wasn't long until they were back at the castle, and the footmen opened the door, but instead of helping them out the footmen grabbed them and shoved them to the ground, holding the royals hands behind their backs and forcing them towards the main entrance. Hundreds of citizens were surrounding them, all with hazy yellow eyes. As the pair was forced forward by their previously loyal servants, they entered the main hall, where a shocking sight was in front of them.

Chloe Bourgeois was on a throne, staring down at them with a crown on her head. Even more unsettling was the fact that Marinette saw her parents standing beside her, holding spears as if they were her guards.

"Adrikins, and the previous princess, a pleasure to welcome you to my kingdom!" Chloe said.

"Chloe what are you talking about-" Adrien cried out, but was interrupted.

"Hush now Adrien, I'm talking to the person who used to be the ruler of this kingdom!"

Marinette struggled with the people holding her back, "I do rule this kingdom, as their princess. What are you doing Chloe- what have you done-"

"I am no longer just a representative! I am no longer Chloe Bourgeois! I am Miracle Queen!"

The crowd shouted: "ALL HAIL MIRACLE QUEEN!" in horrifying uniformity.

"What have you done to them?!" Marinette cried, "What have you done to my people- to my family?!"

"Your family gave me the throne!" Chloe laughed.

"They would never!"

"They will do anything I say, now that they've been stung by my precious wasps!" Miracle Queen replied, "You, old man, I want to lay my feet up!"

On demand, Marinette's father dropped his spear and bent down on his hands and knees in front of Chloe, letting the brat lay her feet on top of his back. Marinette thought she may cry at the sight.

"What do you want Chlo- Miracle Queen?" Adrien said.

"Well I have plenty of demands, of course," Miracle Queen said hauntily, "First off, I want to rule the kingdom, that's practically done. I have the King and Queen under my control. Second off, I'm going to marry you, Adrien. And unite the kingdoms of Agreste and Dupain-Cheng; or should I say the kingdom of Bourgeois!" She laughed, "And lastly, I want that ridiculous princess next to you-" she motioned to Marinette, "to be my servant. For life. I want her to bow to me and pledge her allegiance."

"I will never bow to you!" Marinette hissed.

Miracle Queen seemed unphased, shrugging off Marinette's protests, "Fine then. I will simply sting you with my wasps. Once that's done I'll go after those traitors, Ladybug and Chat Noir." She stood up and held out her hand, "Wasps: Get her!"

Adrien bodychecked the person holding him and punched the person holding Marinette, "Run Princess!" He shouted.

Being freed from bondage, Marinette picked up her skirt and ran, pushing herself through the crowd and running back outside, the wasps flying after her. She ran past the hypnotized citizens and back to the carriage, hurrying to the front where the horses were and quickly freeing one of the horses from the coach. Jumping on the animal, she whipped the reins and bolted off as fast as she could. The wasps were close behind, but luckily the horse was fast. Where couldn't wasps chase her? She looked around and saw she was approaching the lake, and went with her instincts. Once on the shore, she leapt off the horse, diving into the water, the skirts of her dress billowing in the current. She opened her eyes, holding her breath and was glad to see the wasps start to panic, unable to go in water. The wasps fled, assumingly back to their mistress.

-----

"Come now, Adrikins. I promised Hawkmoth I wouldn't use my wasps on you, for some reason he wants you to have free will. Just say you'll marry me! I'll keep you safe, we'll be together forever!"

"Chloe please, Hawkmoth is controlling you-"

"Hawkmoth wants us to be married, you must marry me! Marry or I'll throw you in the dungeon!"

Adrien sighed, looking around at all of the people who were under Miracle Queen's control. He couldn't transform, and he couldn't fight them all. He had to hope Ladybug would save him....

"Alright, m-my queen, I will marry you."

Miracle Queen squealed in delight, "We will hold a ball to celebrate our engagement! Oh my first ball as queen, it must be perfect! Go- go Adrikins, go to your quarters, I'll make all the preparations, I think a masquerade will be perfect!" She turned to the crowd, "Prepare a feast, and get the castle ready for a ball! Invite everyone from the kingdom of Agreste as well! Miracle Queen demands it!"

Once again the crowd said in unison: "ALL HAIL MIRACLE QUEEN!"

And they went to work.

-----

Marinette climbed out of the lake, gasping for air and coughing up a little bit of water, having been underwater for so long to make sure the wasps were gone. The soaking wet princess ran to the building on the other side of the lake, throwing open the door and going inside. Looking around, she was glad to see the woman inside was not hypnotized yet.

"Please, you must help me! I need a place to stay, to hide, I'm being chased by Miracle Queen!" She said.

The woman inside was covered in flour, holding a ball of dough in her hands which she dropped on her floured working table upon seeing Marinette, "Princess! Thank goodness you're safe, I was so scared when the wasps started swarming the main town, but luckily they didn't come here. You're welcome to stay, let me get you some dry clothes."

"What is your name, ma'am?"

"I am Caline Bustier, a baker."

"Thank you Miss Bustier, for your kindness. I promise this will not be forgotten. I will take back my kingdom, once I have a plan...."