𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 : 𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚊𝚠

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝚂𝚃𝚈𝙻𝙴𝚂 - 𝙵𝙰𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ♬♩♪♩  ♩♪♩♬ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝒊'𝒎 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏? 

𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝒊'𝒎 𝒐𝒖𝒕? 

𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝒊'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕? 

𝒊'𝒎 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏."

IT WAS ONE OF THOSE NIGHTS, where you can't fall asleep, just pacing out—staring at the empty side of the bed. The room was spacious and lavish, and Polly Gray insisted on paying the hotel fees. The three of them were staying in Grand Hotel in Birmingham for almost two days, though, she wasn't able to convince Ada to come back to their home. Mercy cannot let them stay in Freddie's house anymore, it was not in its best condition for Karl. The basement was cold and stuffy, especially now that the days are getting shorter.

She turned sideways and glanced at Karl and Ada, the babe was sleeping soundly but his mother was squirming every now and then. In a short time Mercy had spent with them, she noticed that Karl was a quiet baby—he only cried when he was hungry and sleepy. Ada made a good mother, despite Freddie being in captivity, she stood strong and still for the sake of their child. 

Looking at them, the hopes of having her own child and family wandered through her mind. Yet, it was impossible for her—that kind of happiness is not simply for Mercedes.

Sighing, she blinked and the sun was already trying to force its way to the thick curtains of the room. Karl was whimpering beside his mother, who's passed out cold. Mercy knew Ada was a heavy sleeper, without any hesitations, she scooped up the little angel into her arms. 

Mercy wiped the tears from Karl's face and began humming the song her mother used to sing. The same song she sang that rainy night to Thomas, and it kept bringing memories she tried to bury. 

She looked straight into Karl's chocolate eyes, and he was staring back at her. The baby had stopped from whimpering and fell silent, Karl must be wondering if this woman was an angel that was dropped from heaven, or a siren luring sailors to their deaths. The enchanting voice continued humming, a small smile was brought on Karl's lips.