note from the author

What We've Gone Through

This story:

Published on May 28th, 2018

Taken down (against my will) on May 24th, 2020

Completed May 28th, 2020

...

Revised and republished May 26th, 2020

Taken down (against my will) again later that year

...

Completely rewritten and republished May 28th, 2022

Ended on May 28th, 2022

What You're Getting Into

This is a coming-of-age story. It will be following the rules of the real world, where many unfortunate things happen all the time. Pain, trauma, heartbreak, making mistakes, hurting from them, making more mistakes, suffering consequences, and learning from them. All this and more happens in the real world.

People hurt and people suffer. Trauma is very real, as is the way that people deal with it. Trauma happens in many different ways, ranging from abuse, to neglect, to even simple words or actions. The same is said with coping mechanisms. Many coping mechanisms are NOT healthy, especially in teens and young adults. Many people hurt themselves or others, intentionally or otherwise, while trying to deal with the pain of the past or of their everyday lives.

That's the unfortunate thing. However, this story is NOT encouraging any unhealthy actions or thoughts in any way, shape, or form. Any unhealthy actions or thoughts mentioned in the book are there to progress the story through the characters. This book is REALISTIC and includes the ugly side of life.

Please do not lecture me about what you think is morally wrong with my writing. Morally and ethically wrong things happen in the real world and might occur in this book. I am telling a story for the sake of entertainment and coping/venting in my own way, not to teach about life or indulge in fantasies.

Jimin and the other members will make mistakes. Very real things will happen to their characters, and not all of them will be good.

I do apologize this letter has carried on so long, but I am tired of the harassment I have suffered from writing this book. I have gone to great lengths to rewrite it to be more realistic. But, some of the plots have remained the same and I know it will upset people. However, a lot of the scenes and scenarios are things I have suffered from myself. I have hurt, been hurt, abused, been abused, used, been used, made mistakes, and so much more. I am still learning to discover and love myself, become a better person, and cope healthily, but even if you find something wrong with this story, you should please leave instead of harassing me because, in the end, it's just a story.

I was prompted to write this letter when my original book, B****, was published in 2018 and taken down in 2020. I had an altercation with someone about the themes in my book, and as a result, I was harassed by tens of people. At least three different people told me to kill myself for being worthless and irresponsible. I was and still am in such a dark place that you have no idea how deeply such words strike my soul. I still shiver at the thought of opening my DMs and tend to avoid them as a result.

My book, B****, which had reached over 200,000 views and 10,000 votes, was mass reported and eventually removed. Two years' worth of work was gone in a flash. I was heartbroken but tried republishing it and revising it a bit to be better. It was removed again. I decided it wasn't meant to be, and left it alone.

Eventually, one of my friends consoled me and encouraged me to try one last time. So I have.

On a side note, if you have been following me for a while, then you might have read B****'s original story. It was my most famous story from my account and not even my current books have reached the popularity it was at when it was taken down. Anyways, if you read it, then you will notice a huge difference between this new version and the original published book. I hope it doesn't bother you; I personally like this version better. The characters are less transparent and cliche, and more entertaining. I also think the plot is less sloppy now. Still, I'd like to read your comments about the differences and similarities you spot between this version and the old version. The main storyline and many quotes are the same, and I'd be excited to see if anyone recognizes the details.

Now, I will warn you one final time that this story will be dark. It will be full of very real things. Angst, fluff, love, heartbreak, hope, and betrayal. However, because the Wattpad audience is young and easily influenced, this published version will be completely censored. I don't want to risk hurting anyone here or having my book taken down again. All mature content will be censored, cut out, or rewritten. This includes erotica, violence, mentions of specific mental disorders, and curse words.

If you would like to read the uncensored version, you may have to find it elsewhere.

Thank you dearly for reading this far, and I hope you enjoy B., back and better than ever.

Sincerely,

Pyong