16

"No!"

I heard someone shout from behind but my urge to finish this nuisance was louder than that. As soon as I closed my palm after receiving the sword from Liam, I cut off the thick cloth that served as the wall for the barrack. It fell right in front of us blocking Aariman's way towards us, Josh made sure the children were at the back to prevent an accident.

When Aariman was finally off-guard, I grabbed an arrow from the back and picked up a bow from the ground. I released one which flew directly towards Aariman's shoulder, he shouted in pain. 

I ran towards him and grabbed the sword I dropped, he managed to pull the arrow off of his shoulder and held a sword with his other hand. We fought with our swords, slashing and clashing each iron production. 

"Ah!" I whimpered when he managed to slash through my leg. I bent one knee on the ground to hold my wound and keep pressure on it.

"No woman can defeat a man with a sword!" he hustled.

I breathed heavily feeling the pain from my wound, I jumped to him and we continued to fight but with my leg injured, I can't stand still and prolong my movements. I managed to hit his arrow wound but it didn't make him fall back. My boot bathed in blood, I find it hard to stand up because of the pain I can't move to bear.

Liam called all other archers and stood in their position, Josh was with the kids so I was feeling a lot better knowing they're safe and secured. As I tried to catch my breath, Aariman moved backward to grab the bow attached to it was a lone arrow. My eyes widened when I registered that it was me whom he was aiming for.

"No, Jill!"

Aariman suddenly changed his course when he heard someone shout from behind. I followed his movements with my eyes, I felt a lot more shocked when I saw him aim for Kleo who was standing unguarded.

"No," I whispered and tried to block the arrow's way after Aariman's release.

I let my body fall to the side as I risked everything to block the arrow but I was too late. 

"Kleo!"

Josh shouted after he saw the arrow struck Kleo's chest. I fell to the ground and felt my leg burn from the pain I endured earlier. My lips parted as I saw how Kleo fell right to Josh's arms, blood traveled to his skin and some exited his mouth. 

Liam ordered the archers to fire but it was already too late, I ran to Kleo and Josh not minding the bitter pain I had. Josh held him with his arms, Serena and Mirena were crying too hard while Shaun and Vince were stunned, not believing what actually happened.

"No, no. Kleo," I whispered when I held his hand.

"J-jill," he mouthed.

"Shh, shh, save your strength," I uttered, tears left my eye as I saw him bearing an unbearable pain.