ix. tear in my heart

chapter nine // tear in my heartlate july, 1983

late july, 1983

"JAMES! JAMES! WHERE are you?" Lauren laughed as she burst through the front doors of the Potter's flat, Adelia was hoisted on one hip and a diaper bag resting on the other.

Lauren's eyebrows arched as she got no reply, silently she set her daughter down and told her to stay at the front door. It was unusual for James to never reply, most of the time he and Harry would come rushing out of the living room, happy to see she and Adelia arrive.

The blonde wandered into the apartment curiously. Maybe he was still sleeping? He tended to sleep in late. Lauren, being sure that was the reason the man was not responding, strode to his bedroom door.

"James, are you sleeping still?" She groaned as she grabbed the knob and turned it, opening the door. "I wanted to let you know that I sent the letter—!"

Lauren's eyes widened in shock as she took in the scene unfolding in front of her eyes. James was awake, he seemed very awake actually. But he seemed quite busy shoving his tongue down someone's throat.

It was quite a scene. The girl, a tall brunette from what Lauren could see was pushed up against James' bedroom wall as he rubbed against her. He switched between kissing her lips and neck as they both groaned into each other's mouths passionately. So passionately that the two didn't even notice the door opening or that there was now another person present.

The blonde staggered back a bit, stuttering as she tried to speak. "I'm sorry—I didn't mean—sorry!"

James finally turned to the open door, mirroring Lauren's expression as he pulled away from the woman in front of him, although his hand still lingered on her waist. "Lauren, bloody hell. Was the door not locked?"

Lauren's eyes remained stuck on the view in front of her, before she blinked rapidly and locked eyes with her friend. "No, it wasn't sorry. I didn't know you had—er—company, I wouldn't have stopped by if I knew."

The man ran a hand through his messy hair and sighed, looking back and forth between the two women. His mouth opened as he tried to speak but Lauren beat him to it.

"I'll be going, sorry about this again. I'll see you later, James. And nice to meet you...?"

The woman's red lips curved into a malicious smile as she looked Lauren up and down, "Celeste Cortez."