CHAPTER 17

Arhant (with a smirk): So let's start with the beginning. I am Arhant Sehgal son of Armaan Sehgal and Roop Oberoi Sehgal.

When Annika heard Arhant is Roop bua son it was a bolt from blue. She doesn't know how she should react to this fact.

Annika: You are Roop bua son ....then... why... no one knows about you?? And even she didn't mention anything about you.

Arhant: What will she tell you?? That her son hates her?? That she did not love her son?? That she never tried to find how Arhant is? What is he doing?? No she didn't.

Arhant said it with a rage, it was clearly visible from his eyes that he hated Roop but the question was why??

After few minutes he continued,

Arhant: After Kalyani mills accident Ms.Roop was married to my father everything was done in haste to distract everyone from that accident. Dad had agreed to marry her due to a merger between their companies. .....On the very next year I was born, all were happy with this marriage except my dadi. She was not happy with the marriage at first but when I was born she was so happy that she forgot all the bitterness that she had against Ms.Roop..... Then after a few months we shifted to London.

And from there things started to fall down.... Ms Roop used to stay more than half of her time in India leaving me alone...my Dadi used to take care of me, dad and her fights increased, and when I was ten years old they decided to divorce each other.

On the night before divorce Ms Roop came to meet me one last time as dad had got my custody. On that night dad came home furiously and held Ms.Roop hand tightly and took her to the study. I had never seen him so angry. ...That night even Dadi was not there, so I quietly went near his study so that I could see what was happening, I could just hear the argument.

FLASHBACK

Roop: Why did you bring me here?? And what's your problem? I am here to meet my only son not to see your face.

Armaan: Only son??

Armaan started laughing while Roop was confused about what had happened to him.

Armaan: Roop at least don't say a lie now after all we are getting divorced and you will be leaving for India right?? Then you will meet your elder son right.

Listening to this, Roop's face colour faded.

Roop: Elder son?? Which elder son?? Armaan are you accusing me?? I never knew you would stoop so low.

Armaan: Oh so I am stooping low so what wereyou doing ha, I know each and everything Roop. You had a son who is in Dehradun, Uttarakhand and what's his name Veer, right? Veer Pratap Chauhan.

Roop: How...did..you know??

Roop stammered she was scared as Tej has told her if someone gets to know about Veer then he will himself break all relation with her and his son.

Armaan: I was having a doubt on you, since the time we came in London you always visited India and I know very well you didn't have good relations with Oberois as they also don't know that we had a son named Arhant, I thought you would have told about Arhant to everyone but no...you didn't three months back I met Tej and then I got to know he didn't knew about our son in fact he told Roop never visited them too, they tried to contact us but you ignored them and made us believed that they have abandoned you, after this I decide to hire an private investigation who told me about your son and your relations with family. How could you stoop so low Roop?? How??

Now Roop was completely blank as the cat is out of bag and if anyone knows about it then she is sure Tej will not let her and his Veer live peacefully, while Armaan was so angry he was standing near the glass window. Roop quietly went there and took a vase near the side table and banged his head from it ,Armaan screamed in pain while Roop quickly brought an alcohol bottle from the table and made him drink the whole contents.