Chapter 34

Written 5/15/21

It was almost 7:00 and I still hadn't slept a wink. I was exhausted, but every time I shut my eyes I pictured Cristiano with another woman. The amount of jealousy that was inside of me made me sick to my stomach. I didn't feel like crying though, I felt more angry than upset.

Suddenly I hear the bedroom door open. I knew it was Cristiano, just from the footsteps, and the way he walked. I just closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I didn't feel like facing him right now. I can hear him walk over to his bedside table, and put something in the drawer. Probably his gun. He moves over to the bed, closer to me. I hoped that he would just leave me alone.

I feel his finger tips graze against my cheek. I open my eyes and look up at him. He stares back down at me, rubbing his thumb over my cheek affectionately. He smelt like alcohol and cigarettes, it was obvious he had been partying all night, and god knows what else.

"You look tired." Cristiano says blankly.

"It's 7:00 am." I say, trying not to sound irritated.

"You haven't been sleeping Giada." He says, pulling his hand away from my face.

"I'm just more tired than usual." I say, getting out of bed, and walking past him. He quickly grabs my arm, not hard enough to pull me back, but firm enough to keep me still.

"What have I told you about taking better care of yourself?" He asks, as if he's scorning a child.

"I do take care of myself." I say, raising my tone, and attempting to yank my arm away. He simply just pulls me back.

"And what have I said about talking back? Do I need to make you understand? Is that what you want?" He yells at me. His grip on my arms tightens, making me let out a cry of pain.

"No!" I cry out. I shut my eyes and put my head down. There's a moment of silence between us. Although my breathing was heavy, I felt like I was on the verge of tears. His hand reaches up and gently grabs my face, forcing me to look up at him.

There was something in his eyes. I couldn't quite figure out what it was. I just knew it wasn't anything comforting.

"Your call with Livianna is today. This needs to be done right Gia, I can't have you screw this up." He says sternly, gripping my face a little tighter. I look him in the eye and nod my head.

He lets go of me, and walks toward the bathroom.

"I have a meeting that I need to get ready for, use the bathroom in your old bedroom. Your phone call is in an hour."

He walks into the bathroom, and shuts the door. I was confused as to what he meant by old bedroom, until it finally hit me. The bedroom I had spent the night in before our wedding.

I left our bedroom, and scurried into the old one. As soon as I opened the door, and walked to into the room, I immediately got deja vu of my first night here. And the morning of the wedding too. I felt like I was a completely different person the last time I was in here, I was practically innocent. I missed who I used to be, and the way my life was.

This bedroom was like a smaller version of Cristiano and I's. Except it didn't have a walk in closet like ours, but it did have a bathroom. I walked into the bathroom, quickly undress, and got into the shower. Despite the fact that I hadn't used this room in over a month, it still had towels, shampoo, and pretty much everything I needed. This was actually nice, I could walk out of the bathroom, and not have to worry about running into Cristiano.

I swiftly finished washing my hair and body, and got out of the shower. After I dried myself off, I realized I didn't bring any clothes with me. I didn't want to walk across the hallway just wrapped in a towel. I went over to the drawers and started looking through all the clothes in them. There's just a couple loose shirts and pants, and a couple socks. I was running out of time, and I almost start panicking, until I come across a dress. It's long, a cream color, and is decorated with little violet flowers all over.

I quickly put it on. It fit almost perfectly, even though it looked a bit old. I didn't waste any more time, and finish doing my hair and makeup. I practically ran out of the bedroom, and downstairs. I find Sergio waiting in the living room.

"Cristiano said that I had a phone call." I say, trying not to seem nervous.

"Yes Donna, the Don told me to supervise." He says, motioning me to follow him. I stifle a sigh of frustration, and nod for him to lead the way. How was I suppose to help Livianna if Sergio was listening to everything we said. What if he found out about our plan with Diavolo? He'd just report it back to Cristiano, and then god knows what would happen.

We walk to a room, far away from all the other rooms, and when he opens the door, I can see a red phone on a small table, with a single chair.

"Sergio." I say walking into the room.

"Yes?" He says, stopping in the doorway.

"I don't think it's really necessary for you to hear this conversation." I say, sitting down in the chair, looking at him.

"W-well The Don told me to supervise and report back to him. It was a command." He says, clearly nervous.

"Sergio, I covered for you when you told me about the Don having that family killed. You owe me. Unless you want Cristiano to find out that you're revealing his business to other people." I say, sternly, staring intently at him. Sergio's face immediately drops.

"Th-then what am I s-suppose to tell the Don?" He asks, almost as if he's terrified.

"Tell him that I simply calmed down Livianna and convinced her to not run away again." I snapped at him. He flinches then nods his head. He hands me a note with a number on it, then leaves, shutting the door behind him.

I felt bad, I didn't like blackmailing him. A part of me felt evil, but another part of me knew it was necessary. This was the Mafia, I had to start using to only power that I had.

I pick up the phone, look at the note, and begin dialing the number. It starts to ring, but no one picks up. For a moment I thought she might not answer, until I heard the other line pick up.

"H-hello?"

To be continued....

Giada's Dress ⬆️

Giada's Dress ⬆️

sorry i had to post this a day early cause im not going to have my phone over the weekend. love you guys! sorry this chapter was kind of boring