Wounded Souls

Christina's pov:

"You have to work with me, for me to help you." I rolled my eyes.

Here we go with this bullshit again. "I don't want you to help me." James looked at me with concern.

James is the therapist Zayn forced me to go to after my last 'mental breakdown'. He has been treating me as if I'm fragile ever since.

"Look let's get this straight," I have had enough of this already.

"I am not here because I want to, okay? I am here because I was forced to so just let me be! I mean go do something useful or just ignore me, I'll sit here till my session ends then go home." I cross my arms.

"Miss Malik-" I stop him mid sentence, "Christina." I correct him.

"Well, Christina, let's look at it from a different point of view, I mean just pretend this isn't a session, why don't you pretend that I am your friend and you're telling anything you want, literally anything." He smiles.

It's quite weird why he's being so patient with me, I have been way too disrespectful, that even I hate the way I am acting but I don't want to go to a therapist! I am not sick! I don't need one.

"I have nothing to say." I roll my eyes again, look for the clock. 'When is this hell going to end?' I groan mentally.

"I just want to help." I felt my blood start to boil. "I am not in need of any fucking help! I am not a charity case." I scream losing my last straw. I grab my bag and storm out.

I walk past Liam and run to the exit door. "Hey! Christina wait!" Liam yells.

After a few steps I decide to stop, which allows Liam to catch up with me. "What the hell was that?!" He screams at me. "I am not sick! I don't need to go to a fucking therapist!" I yelled back.

I was so sick and tried of the way they are treating me.

"I am not a fucking child anymore! You can't force me to do stuff. I don't need anyone to help me. I am perfectly fine." My arms started shaking instantly.

I waited for Liam to lose his patience, slap me, hit me, I don't know..anything, pull any of his unusual stunts...but he didn't. He just stood there with a concerned look on his face.

"Stop looking at me like that!" I pushed him and started running. I had no idea where I was going but I needed to run, just get away from there, that, all of that.

I needed to get away from reality, and I kind of did because the faster I ran the more Liam's voice screaming my name started fade.

I kept running for way too long that I didn't even know where I was, all I knew it was somewhere nice, peaceful. I started to soak in the surrounding area.

The sky looked tired, painted in pale blue with orange and yellow streaks. There weren't much clouds but just enough to grace the view. The deep lake moved smoothly between the stiff rocks, it looked like it was smiling back at me.

I put down my bag pack as if it was weighing me down but it's empty but maybe I could pretend it's not. I mean I'll pretend that it's filled with all my worries, my pain, my past as if they could all fit in this little bag pack which I finally put down so I could breathe.

"Christina?" A familiar voice called. I turned around instantly.

'No way.'

"Derek?" His hair was perfectly made, and his eyes were studying the corner of my face. I realized the corner his mouth was curved upwards; he was smirking.

"What are you doing here?"

"Enjoying the view, I guess." I turned my attention back to the sky whose skin resembled mine; pale.