Chapter 2 (An old friend)

After a long time packing your things, saying goodbye to the few friends you had, and the really long bus ride, you finally got to Stardew Valley. You often visited this place as a child, so just seeing the sign that read "Welcome to Stardew Valley" started bringing back memories. You smile, hop off the bus, and happen to see someone standing by the bus stop.

She waves at you as she starts to walk in your direction. "Hi! You must be the new farmer. Y/n, right?" She asks in a polite voice. You simply nod back, too tired to talk after the long bus ride.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Robin. I'll be walking you to your new farm. Mayor Lewis is getting things ready for when you arrive." She says as she starts walking in the direction of said farm, and you follow along and think to yourself. "Mayor Lewis...? Didn't Grandpa mention something about him in his letter?" You shrug off the thought and continue walking.

As you get to the farm, your jaw drops as you see what your "new" home looked like. It was a mess. Weeds, rocks, twigs, and huge trees were all over the place, and the house itself didn't look too great either. It looked like it was about to fall apart. Robin looked over to you, and saw the stress on your face. "Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be able to clean all this up. There's good soil under all this mess." She chuckles.

Lewis then walks up to you and says "Hello. I'm Mayor Lewis. I take it you're moving into your grandpa's old cottage. What do you think of the place?" You then look at him, look at the house, and state the obvious by awkwardly saying. "Just looking at it makes me feel unsafe."

The mayor gasps and says "It's just rustic. That's all!" Robin then cuts him off by saying "Crusty would probably be a better word for it."

The only thing Lewis can say to that is "Rude!" as Robin laughs at him. Lewis continues the conversation by saying "Don't listen to her, Y/n. She's just trying to make you dissatisfied so that you buy one of her house upgrades." Robin then gasps as if she's surprised. Though she's really just annoyed.

After a bit, the two show you around a bit more, then they go their separate ways. Leaving you with this sad little house. You go inside to see that all there is in the house is a bed, a small table, a chair, some and a small box. You grab the box, and go to sit on the bed. You then proceed to open the box, and see that it has seeds in it. "I was planning to go to bed, but I guess I could plant these first" you say to yourself as you get out of bed and walk out of the house. You also grab the tools that you happened to see sitting by the door on your way out. For some reason, you didn't notice them until now.

You walk outside, and start working on clearing out a little spot to plant your seeds, and after what felt like at least an hour, you finally cleared a spot and planted all the seeds. You trudge into the house and flop onto the bed, hoping tomorrow will be more productive.

The next day

You walk out of your house while trying to figure out what you're gonna do today. You think about cleaning more of the yard, but you feel tired just looking at it, so you decide to do something else. After some thinking, you decide that it might be a good idea to introduce yourself to the townspeople. "I may have anxiety, but that's not gonna stop me today!" you say proudly to yourself as you walk towards Pelican Town.

After trying to talk to almost everyone, your stress level was through the roof. Luckily most of the townsfolk seemed nice. On the other hand. Some were just... As Lewis would put it... Rude. You decided to take a look at the list of the people who live here (that you just happen to have for... Some reason...) and you happen to notice that you missed someone. This person didn't look too friendly in his picture. In fact, he looked like your average angry emo.