Chapter One

"Come along, son."

Did I ever think in a million years I would be in this position? Definitely not.

I follow my father into his office where he punches in the code on the portrait and we go down in a secret elevator to the hidden basement of the Agreste mansion.

"It's finally happening! And I'm so glad you agreed to help me so we could share this moment together, my son."

Bullshit. He didn't care about me, he never has.

All he cared about was getting mine and LB's miraculouses and he didn't care at all who he hurt in the process.

He baited me with the promise of bringing my mother back and I fell for it.

I knew it wasn't right but I had missed her a lot more lately than usual.

I felt like a failure. I was selfish.

I betrayed Paris. I betrayed my honor. I betrayed Plagg.

And most of all, I betrayed Ladybug.

She puts her trust in me and this is what I do with it??

I didn't even ever find out who was the girl behind the mask.

Hell, I didn't even know if she was even fucking alive!

I hadn't seen her or the others since Hawk Moth- or should I say my dear old Dad defeated us and took our miraculouses and kwamies.

I was still haunted by the horrified faces out of all of them in their last dying moments.

Ladybug, Rena Rouge, Carapace, Queen Bee, and even Bunnix.

But my father was Hawk Moth and I never realized it.

Some "superhero" I am.

Ladybug deserved a better partner than me.

"Adrien. Come here."

I take a deep sigh and walk forward.

I didn't feel like I could even call this man my father.

He definitely never acted like one towards me.

I stared at the unconscious form of my mother as the gravity of what I had done washed over me and hot tears burned my eyes.

"Isn't this exciting, Adrien? You're getting your mother back!"

Of course I wanted her back. I wanted our family to be happy and normal again more than anything in the world.

But was this really the way to achieve that? By stealing, hurting, and manipulating people?

He raised my ring and Ladybug's earrings over my mother's body.

I held my hand where the ring once was, it felt empty without it.

I'm sorry, Plagg. I'm so sorry...