Madness Begins

Title: Madness Begins

Not even a single dime in her wallet.Caliana was raised in an improverished village so she doesn't experience much luxury due to her circumstances. She had never complained about her life to anyone because she was happy. Caliana didn't know her life was found miserable to others.

She have both her parents and her little brother by the name of Clindale. Her village was compact so everyone got along well. Her bestfriend, Marina, lives across her house. Every person she loves is close to her so she was happy.

Caliana strangely had an obsession with her hair. Everyone praised her for having long silky hair. Eventhough she doesn't use any hair products on her hair, but it still remained silky and healthy. Caliana loves her hair more than anything in the world.

"Everything will come to an end".

One day, The village headman received a threat from the city saying that they have to clear the area or get arrested for illegal civilization. The mayor of the city is planning to build a new neighborhood in that area and he does not want any disturbance to his plans. The only way to stop them is to pay the ridiculously high amount of money. You could buy a whole mall with that much money!

Caliana heard the news from Marina that they need to find a new place to stay. She couldn't believe it. Her happiness is turning into her worst nightmare.

The clock sounded like a ticking bomb. Caliana couldn't sleep. She was too anxious to close her eyes but she needs the energy for tomorrow. They needed to search for a new place tomorrow morning. She remembered that her little brother once said that he counts sheep to sleep so she tried it.

1 sheep...
2 sheep...
3 sheep...
4 sheep...
5 sheep...

She snored. Caliana has already fallen into slumber. It worked, counting sheep works!

10 minutes into her slumber, She woke up. Her eyes widen as she saw a man standing outside her window, on her porch.

He was a tall man who was wearing a black jacket and black tight pants. He had white messy hair and a menacing scar on his left cheek.

Caliana led out a loud scream. Her parents came bashing into her room. "𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘌! 𝘖𝘝𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘌! 𝘈 𝘔𝘈𝘕 𝘖𝘝𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘌" she pointed outside her window. Her parents saw nothing. It was dark and late at night so they thought Caliana must imagined thing because she is sleepy. Caliana was sure she saw someone or at least something.

Her parents continued to roll down the curtains and made sure the front door was locked so Caliana would feel more secured. She accepted the fact that no one was there so she tries to fall asleep again.

The minute her eyes closed, she heard a tap under her bed. Curiosity overflowed her mind but she was also terrified. Slowly, she peeked under her bed. She saw nothing.

As she was lifting her head up, she saw a man-like figure in front of her. Her body paralyzed in place. No words came out of her mouth.

"𝘋𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺, 𝘪 𝘢𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘢" said the man calmly. He introduced himself as Madlinus, but prefers to be called Manus.

He snapped his fingers. Suddenly, Caliana could speak and move her body again. She trusts Manus so she didn't overreact and asked "𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘮𝘦?".

He chuckled and said "𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵". He reached out his hand and held onto Caliana's hand tightly. Caliana didn't think much of it because this man could actually save her family from being kicked out.