Xiao & Venti: The (un)fated encounter -- Part 2

Venti can feel it, he can feel the agony that filled the air the moment the other being came. Although Venti is sure that the source of such agony is still quite a certain distance away from himself, he could feel every ounce of the darkness the poor being is experiencing. 

The darkness is not something that is innately within the poor being, it is probably darkness caused by the others, causing the poor being to be trapped in agony and unable to free himself without help....

This sounds familiar to Venti...

Memories hit Venti like Davolin. Venti was brought back to the times when Mondstadt was once surrounded by storms which could block the blue sky from Mondstadt, and his dear friend's beautiful singing could never reach beyond those storms.  

Mondstadt was once a trapped city filled with agony caused by the tyrant. It was the lack of freedom and the feeling of being trapped that caused his dear friend such sadness that he decided to fight against the tyrant for freedom. Venti at that time helped, and they won the battle, only to lose his dear friend in the process...

Venti can feel it, the walls known as darkness is slowly encroaching the poor being if he does not step in. He is reminded once again about how Mondstadt might be if he and his friend had not stepped in to fight. He knew his friend would have stepped in to help..... if he could....

So with determination, Venti looked around and "borrowed" a part of a bamboo fence, tampered on it for a moment. Channeling his anemo powers, Venti started singing, not through his voice this time, but through the bamboo flute in his hands that he had made on the spot. 

"Young one, please try to fight, don't let the darkness eat you entirely and trap you in it forever...", Venti thought as he continued channeling his powers through his flute to the poor one, in hopes of bringing freedom, albeit temporary, to that being from the darkness that is about to eat him alive.

The journey to getting this young one's attention was not an easy one. The darkness surrounding this young one is really quite overwhelming -- just how long has this young one been enduring this? 

After several tries, Venti finally got the attention of the poor young being. Venti then continued to channel his powers to the poor young one, trying to caress the poor soul and comfort the young one. T

The process of fighting the darkness was a long one, but Venti continued to stay and support the young one. He knew the war with darkness would not an easy one. Just like how it took them so much to overthrow the tyrant in Mondstadt and remove the storm that trapped the city for so long, it would certainly take time for him to calm the darkness down with the young one.

After some more time, Venti knew that the young one has won the battle with his darkness. He could feel the young one gaining sanity. 

Venti thought about leaving right at that moment, but upon some thought, he decided that a battle won does not mean that the war has been won. Thus, in order to help this young one, Venti decided to grant him a vision so that the young one could have another source to channel power from when darkness begins to encroach him again. Venti thus sent his wind to bring the vision to the young one. 

"May the wind I have sent to you protect you, young one." Venti thought silently.

With this, and for reasons unknown to Venti himself as well, Venti chose to leave the marsh without meeting the young one he has just saved. This encounter reminded him of his dear friend, and Venti has a faint feeling that the young one would need some time for himself.