Chapter 2 ~ The Mask

*I don't own any pictures or videos used for this story*

~◇ Y/N POV ◇ ~

     Me and Kuno have been walking for about 30 minutes now and still no luck on finding somewhere to take shelter without worrying about any masks bothering us. There was still a lot of daylight out which on our part.

"Hey? Y/n can we take a break for a sec? Please" Kuno asked sounding tired.

"I can carry you if your tired?" I ask. Since I'm a ghoul she weighs nothing to me, so carrying her won't be a big problem.

Kuno face turns red "N-no. I don't need y-you to carry me! C-can we just stop for a a little bit?"

I think about for a minute
There's still daylight which means more for to find someplace safe but time is  precious and shouldn't waste it.

"We can take a five minute break but after that we have to keep moving. I can carry you i like said." I said with a emotionless face.

"O-okay! thank you"

     She took a seat on the floor and lead her back against the wall. I just lead my back against the wall as well but still standing up as to not let my guard down. I took off my mask but still kept it around my neck incase there really is any ghoul investigators around.

    Kuno takes out her and starts to look through all the pictures she took. She was always into that kinda stuff even we were kids. She showed me the pictures she took as well.

   It was rare for me to have moments like this awake... or even asleep. Even though I over come her and accept what I am. She still hunts me in my sleep.

*BOOM!!!*

What the fuck--

*cue the bad ass opening*

     There was suddenly a large but distant explosion coming from a of building next to us. I immediately get into a fighting stance while putting my mask back on. Kuno gets up and looks around worried.

"W-what wa-was that?" She said clinging to my arm as she looks where the explosion came from.

"I don't know but stay back! We don't what could've caused it!" I said to her.

       I grad her arm and took off from the opposite direction from where the explosion happen. I didn't want us to get any unwanted attention. We start taking off in a slow jog, me trying to keep our footsteps quiet.

         "Shit. Maybe if I had decided to stay home we wouldn't be in this situation or would we be in this world regardless. Who the fuck are even those humans wearing the masks. Whats the point of them killing each? Is it for there pleasure, for sport, or are they being forced? God i HATE being clueless. Is there even any ghoul investigators here? Or ghouls?