The Proposal

Noah Aubrey Haught leaned against his chair. The family doctor's word last week still ringing in his ear, making his mind relentless. His mind drifted to the conversation he had with Dr Paul Brian Hendrick.

"Maybe we can try another way, Aubrey. But I am not sure how it is going to be done."

"What way? How can we make Nicole behaves like 28 years old and not like some 15 years old kid?"

"Marry her."

"What? I don't think there is a girl wanted to marry her, Brian. She is an adult with a child mindset for God's sake."

"You have a lot of money Aubrey. Make contract to any girl who is willing to be paid to be Nicole's wife. Let say 2 years contract."

"You are out of your damned mind."

"No. I am not. There was research said that some Peter Pan Syndrome patient was treated using this method. And guess what, it was successful."

"Yes, but Nicole is not suffering with Peter Pan Syndrome. We knew that something else that causes her to behave this way."

"Yes, Aubrey. But still, we can try any method to help her. Marry her and make her work. Please teach her responsibility."

"Okay, okay. I will think about it."

"Both of us want the best for Nicole, Aubrey. So, let's try this."

"I know Brian." Noah sighed.

The knock on his door brought Noah back into the present. The successful businessman immediately changed his character into his CEO persona.

"Enter." His powerful voice giving a permission to the person behind the door to come into his office.

The door pushed open, and his secretary, Waverly Earp stepped inside.

"Good morning Mr. Haught. This is your coffee." The beautiful blondie greeted him, but Noah realised the cheerful aura that she always carries around was not there. Waverly had been working as his secretary for 3 years and that make him aware of the girl's mood very well.

"Do you have any problem at home Waverly?" Noah asked.

"W-what make you asked that Mr. Haught?" Waverly stammered.

"You seem distracted and..... sad."

"Uhm..... my sister, Wynonna is hospitalized. She needs surgery and we don't have the money to pay for it." Waverly answered truthfully. She's always been honest and that's one of her character that Noah likes so much.

"How old are you this year Waverly?" Suddenly Noah was asking question which is not related to their conversation at all.

"Twenty..... 25 years old, sir." Waverly was confused. She just told her boss about her problem and suddenly the old man asking about her age. She looked at her boss face. Even though the man was already 70 years old, but he was still very handsome, and his body was very fit and athletic build. No wonder his name is Haught. He was definitely hot.

"You see..... I, myself having a big problem too. So, maybe we can help each other out." Noah spoke carefully. Maybe this is the perfect opportunity for him to do what Dr Paul suggested, even though he felt guilty taking advantage on his secretary's problem.

"What kind of problem sir?"

"My youngest daughter..... Nicole, she's sick, maybe mentally or psychologically. She is 28 years old but behaving and thinking like a 15-year-old girl." Noah told Waverly the thing that he never tells anyone before, not because he was ashamed but because he wanted to protect his daughter.

"O-Okay." Waverly was shocked hearing that too personal information from her boss. She already met all the other Haught family members, but not this Nicole. She remembered the stunning and hot Nadia Audery Haught which is her boss wife and the Vice President of the Production Department, the couple only son, handsome and hot Nixon Royal Haught, VP of the Sales and Marketing Department and his twins the gorgeous and hot Nyla Princess Haught, VP of the Finance Department. What a bunch of Haught hot family! How does this Nicole Haught look like? Waverly wondered.

"We had tried many, many ways to treated her but none of them was successful, and last week my family doctor suggested another way to treat her."

"That must be difficult for your family sir." Waverly truthfully sympathizes with her boss. Noah chuckled. What a good person she is. He thought. She can be a good daughter in law.

"Dr Paul said we can try to treat Nicole's sickness by marrying her with someone."

"Ohhh..... So, you wanted me to find a suitable man for her?"

"No Waverly. Nicole is an intersex person. Meaning, she is a woman born with a penis. So, she needs a wife not a husband. And.....she's into woman."

"Oh!" Waverly stunned. "So, you wanted me to find a woman?"

"No. I think I already found it. I need your help to marry Nicole, Waverly."

"I-I beg your pardon sir?"

"It's 2 years contract. I will pay you 1 million dollars for your help."

"I cannot sir." Waverly instantaneously refused.

"Why? Are you straight? But, Nicole has a penis."

"I am bisexual sir."

"Okay. Then, what is the problem?"

"Marriage is a big thing sir."

"Think about it Waverly. You need money for your sister surgery, and I need your help to treat Nicole." Noah begged. "We are actually helping each other here."

"Why don't just let me take care of her without getting married?" Waverly suggested.

"Uhm..... because one of the treatments is involving being intimate physically. I am a traditional man. So, that's why....." Noah didn't need to complete his words because he knew that young woman would understand. And he was right because Waverly flushed.

"And this is to teach her responsibility too. I will buy a house for the two of you to live in after the wedding." Noah explained. "So, this way she will be forced to become an adult like she is supposed to be."

"I will think about it sir."

"Okay. But please, help me.....you are the only one that can help me, Waverly. The only girl I trust enough to be Nicole's wife."

"Thank you for trusting me that much sir and that 1 million is way too much, sir." Waverly commented.

"You have to sacrifice 2 years of your life to help Nicole, I think 1 million dollars is way too small." Noah disagreed. Waverly smiled. What a good man with a good heart. She complimented silently.

For the rest of the day, Waverly kept thinking about the offer. She really needs the money. Wynonna needed the surgery as soon as possible, if not she would die. Now, she knew she can help her if she is willing to accept her boss proposal. Its just 2 years. The moment she accepted the marriage proposal, she will become a millionaire. Her bank account that only has roughly 800 dollars in it will be turned to 1 million dollars. She can help her family too. Wynonna already sacrificed a lot and now it was her turn to do so. Waverly decided there and then to accept the proposal.