Hard- Hearted!

Vedika

This job, working as a legal advisor for a company is very hectic. When I was handling cases individually, I wasn't having any such work load but now, ugh!
I need to hire a personal assistant.

"Ma'am won't you have your lunch?" Asked Mr.Thakur's PA, Neha, who just came into my cabin.

"I need to. But, I have to complete this work, this is more important." I said and she nodded and went away.

Vedu, work fast. You have to submit this files to the Transportation Department. If you don't submit this as early, that 'narcissist' would surely throw taunts at me.
Shh! Why am I thinking about that guy?

After an hour of working hard, I finally completed this file. I'll have my lunch now.

I took my water bottle and went to the Café in our office and ordered Cheese sandwich and Mango milkshake.

Yum! This smells so good. I was about to eat, but was interfered by some female voice. I looked up,

"Excuse me, can I sit here?" she asked.

I nodded. She was young, beautiful and classy too.

"Hello, I'm Raashi, from the very first day when I got to know about you being our legal advisor, I wanted to talk to you. But today I got this opportunity to talk." she said extending her hands. I smiled, completing the handshake.

"I'm Vedika." I said.

"Ma'am, you have no idea how much people in this office are mesmerized by your classy behavior. Both men and women, to be frank." she said.

"First, please don't call me Ma'am. Second, am I that popular in this office?" I asked.

She nodded, "Vedika, you have no idea how much the boys here, drool over you. Many of them are head over heels for you. " she said.

I smiled. What should I even do?

"Don't you feel proud?" she asked.

"Why should I?" I asked.

Why should I? I was supposed to feel happy if Amogh was head over heels for me. Vedu, stop thinking about 'him'.

"Vedika, I mean, don't you feel proud that everyone fantasize over you? Most of the men come hours before to just have a sight of yours." she said.

What will I say to this? I don't care what others feel. Whatever. I need to end this mundane conversation.

I just smiled.

"Vedika, you know, you inspire me in behaving punctually and sophisticately."

"You don't need to imitate my style. Just be yourself. Maintain that professionalism. That's it. Nothing more." I said.

"True words. I can make anyone in this office fall for my charms, but, Nachiketh Thakur, he, he's hard hearted. Until today I haven't seen any girl near him." She said.

Whoa! Impressive!
He doesn't allow any girl near him!

"Nice to know." I said.

"Vedika, give me some tips to make him fall for my charms." she said.

I smirked. That guy who hasn't allowed any girl near him. That guy who hasn't even tried to talk properly with me, even though I'm his spouse, will he fall for you?!

"Vedika, okay I need to go. I have to complete the accounts." she said and went out of the Café. And I realised that I too had completed my food.

But, why is he that hard-hearted? Why doesn't he allow any girl near him? What has happened?

While I was busy with my thinking, I saw him coming to the Café alone.
He too looked up to me.

It was the first time I think I was observing him keenly. He too did not take his eyes off me. I felt wierd looking deep in his hazel oceany eyes for the first time. He approached towards me. I have no idea what is even happening here. He was so close to me. Slowly bent to my height, as I was sitting, before I could think anything further, he took that tissue on the table and rubbed the cheese off my cheeks. Accidently his index finger touched my skin which sent chills down my spine. It was a goosebumps moment.

Wait, what?!
I widened my eyes I horror.

"What are you doing?" I yelled. He too got shocked and choked his breath as though coming out of trance.

"Ms.Dutta, don't find me wrong, I was just rubbing off that cheese on your cheek. Sorry." he said giving me that tissue and went to order his lunch.

Taking the opportunity I got up and dumped the empty boxes to trash. I ran back to my cabin as fast as I could.

With a deep sigh I sat down on my chair, my heart was beating fast as though it would come out the ribcage. What did just happen? What did he do? Why did he do? How could he do that? That girl, Raashi told he stays away from girls but here it's completely opposite. He rubbed food particles off my cheeks? Is he taking advantage?
But, it's been almost a week since Ma and Pa have gone to Bhavnagar and he always stayed away from me. But, why did he do this today? Why Nachiketh?

                            ..............

A/N:

Hey people!
Ending this chapter with lot of questions in both Vedika's mind and your minds.
What made him do that?

Stay tuned to know more about this.

Do vote and comment.

💛❤