Chapter 9. Home

YAY!!! 1k reads! Thank you all for reading this story! As you can see I changed the cover!

I kinda rushed through this chapter sorry, it's because I kinda want to stop writing all the details of how the classes went!

Mikan Pov
~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~

After lunch we went back to the theater room to continue the class.

After theater ended came up the last two periods of the day which flew by pretty fast.

In the hallways I waved bye to my friends and smiled while walking home thinking about my day. It's a pretty nice school...but I just don't like some people there. Oh well I thought to myself while shrugging my shoulders at the last thought.

When I finally reached my house I saw the usual yet new flower beds that were planted the other day after we moved here about a week ago. I opened the front door and closed it, locking it. I leaned against the door and sighed from the long day I had.

"Mikan is that you?" Yelled grandpa coming from the other room.

"Yeah, it's me grandpa," I called while taking off my shoes and putting them against the wall. I walked to the alter where Dads picture was and said "I'm back dad, I had a great day at school and I even made some really nice friends!" Then I left the alter and went to the room where grandpa was and I heard grandpa say "so, how was school today?" "Mmm, it was alright I guess, I made new friends though!" I said smiling.

"That's good then," he replied smiling. "Are you hungry grandpa? I can cook for you if you want, just after I change," I said walking to the stairs. "That would be wonderful Mikan!" I heard grandpa say before I was all the way up in my room.

In my room I put my backpack in its usual spot and changed my clothes to something more suitable for the usual me. I took off my glasses and set them on my night table and untied my braids. My hair flowed down all pretty and wavy, I brushed it down and I was ready to head back down.

As I walked down the stairs I saw grandpa watching the T.V. watching some kind of game show. I giggled and went to the kitchen to make some food.

I opened the fridge and scanned around looking for anything I could cook. I saw a carrot and instantly thought of curry. Hmm, I'll make beef curry for grandpa then.

As I got the ingredients for the curry I put them all on the counter and first started to get the pot. After, I got the vegetables, washed them and I cut them into tiny pieces.

As I was cutting grandpa came in and sniffed the air. "Mm, Mikan it smells wonderful in here. Do you need any help?" "Um sure I guess, you can start out with helping me with making the rice then. (I don't know how to make curry so I'm just stop)

After the curry was done, I tasted it and it was perfect. I got two plates from the cupboard and put the white rice that grandpa made on one side of the two plates then I went to the pot filled with steaming curry and put some of it on the plates.

I set the two plates on the dining table and put the spoons and forks on the sides. Then I went to where grandpa was and said, "it's time to eat grandpa! The curry tastes really good!"

I walked back to the dining table with grandpa trailing behind me. I got grandpas chair and pulled it out for him to sit in. "Thank you Mikan, I'm really happy that I have such a caring granddaughter." "You're welcome grandpa," I said letting out a chuckle.

Just as I was about to sit down I heard the door open and closed. It was mom. "Mom!" I yelled as I rushed to the door. I saw my mom take off her shoes and then she gave me a warm hug. "I missed you, grandpa and I made curry and we're just about to eat, want some?" I said still in the hug. "I missed you too, and yes, I would love some of your cooking," Then we let go and grandpa came in the room. "Welcome home Yuka, how was work?" "It was fine, just a lot of patients like usual."

"So Mikan, how was school? Did you have fun? Did you make any friends? Did people bully you?!" Said my mother, turning back to me and throwing all these questions at me. "School was fine, yes I made friends and I had fun." I said then I hesitated at the bullied question. "And n-no, I wasn't bullied." I said trying to not reveal myself in front of my mom, since she always knew whenever I lied.

"Mikan," she said sternly. "I know whenever you're lying, and I know that the last answer was one, now, tell me what happened, what did they do to you?" She asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Well, the people, didn't really do anything that bad so I don't thi- "yes it is important Mikan!" Said my mom raising her voice a little. "I worry about you so please tell me what happened."

I was defeated at this point and told my mom everything that Luna and Sumire did. "And that's what happened," I said finishing the details. "Oh my, just for some boy?" "Yep. But my friends helped me so I'm okay," alright?"

My mom hugged me tight and said, "I'm so happy you're just not hurt," then she let go of me and looked at me and said, "now, let's eat the curry you made," then we went to the dining room.

After the three of us finished eating, my mother and I washed the dishes. After that was done I went upstairs into my room, and got my pajamas and undergarments ready and took them to the bathroom with me.

As I closed the door of the bathroom and locked it I stared at myself in the mirror seeing my reflection. After a while as I realized I was wasting time I walked to the shower and turned it on, while I waited for the water to get hot I started to take off my clothes and put them into the dirty clothes hamper. Then making sure the water was just right, I stepped in.

After my shower I stepped out with a towel around my body and put my undergarments and pajamas on. Then I dried my hair as best as I could and tied it up so that my hair wouldn't be in my way as I brushed my teeth. After brushing my teeth I untied my hair and walked out, and into my room.

When I closed the door to my room I got a brush from my desk and brushed through my hair making it all silky and soft.

When I was done I checked the time in a bright blue color it read 7:46. Hmm, usually at this time I would do my homework but I don't have any, I guess I'll just read a book then. I thought as I grabbed a book from my bookshelf.

The book I grabbed was called The Selection, it was about a girl who entered a contest thing with 34 other girls where if you win you get to marry the prince. (Sorry if I got the number of girls wrong!)

It was a pretty good book, it was around 9:00 when I finally put it down and I was already past halfway in it. I then realized that I forgot to say good night to everyone so I got up from my warm bed and out into the cold hardwood floor.

I then opened the door and headed out into the hallway, I went into grandpas room first and knocked on his door. "Yes, who is it? Come in." I heard him say through the door. "I opened it and poked my head through. "It's just me grandpa, I just wanted to say good night." "Oh, well good night Mikan."

After grandpa, I closed the door and went to my moms room right across the hall, and saw the light still shining from underneath the door. I knocked and heard my mother say "come in." I opened it and sat next to her on the bed. "What is it?" She asked with a worried look on her face. I replied with "I just wanted to say night, and that I love you." "Good night Mikan, sweet dreams," said my mother as she reached over to me to give me a kiss on my forehead.

When I left her room I ran downstairs and turned on the lights. Then I went to dads alter. I prayed and said "night dad, I love you," then I turned off the lights and ran back up the stairs.

In my room I went to my alarm clock and set up the time for tomorrow. Then I turned off the light and went into my bed snuggling up in the warm covers. As I was trying to sleep I thought about my day and in about a minute later I fell fast asleep.