Meant to be

Author's note: this is inspired by that poem about fate and coincidence, yes. It also follows a similar trend to the first short story. I guess I just like park scenes... 

The little park in the centre of the busy city was quiet this time of year. Grey clouds crowded the sky and a soft breeze blew the autumn leaves around. Even with the noise of the bustling city, surrounding it, the park was peaceful.

On a sturdy wooden bench near a pond sat a woman. She wore a lavish white hat topped with a feather and a stunning white dress, barely visible against her pale skin,

A man with a sparkling black coat approached her, "Good morning Destiny" he greeted, tipping his top hat and taking a seat,

"Good morning Coincidence. How fortunate it is that our paths should cross today"

"Things hardly happen on accident

"Oh, don't I know". She looked tired, worn-out. Her skin was like wax and the light blue marks under her eyes were more pronounced.

She shifted her gaze to the small pond. A group of ducks were swimming between the lilies. A mother-duck was happily calling her little ducklings to join them for a swim. It made her smile. "You know", Coincidence said, moving closer, "I can carry some of your load. You don't have to work alone." She kept staring ahead, seemingly lost in thought.

"Maybe fate brought them together but chance caused them to meet" he looked at the beautiful girl sitting beside him.

"Like you and I "Destiny said.

"Like you and I, Destiny, like you and I"

words - 237