Episode 01.

CHAPTER 01 | •EMILIA•

Elisabeth combed her hair as she sat before her vanity table . Her face was blank . She deemed at the mirror , conflicting with her own reflection . The currant luminescence from her lamp in integration with the darkness of her room was making the reflection peculiarly dull .

She stopped her hand and looked at the lamp . Like a Merry-go-round suddenly fueling it's speed , the flashbacks of her dream took over her head . Glimpses of Emilia pooled in crimson red flashed in front of her . She felt like Emilia's dead body was right in front of her . It was peculiar , since she was nowhere to be found from the morning .

A soft knock invaded her train of thoughts .

Emilia .

" who? "

" It's me señora , Cara. " oh.

" you can let yourself in. " Cara peeked in the room and entered. She was a beautiful woman in her mid-forties. Her thick black hair were tied neatly in a bun , strands of white hair peeking from inside . Elisabeth didn't see much of her , but then again she barely went out of her room .

" señora , your breakfast . " Cara placed a plate over the table next to bed . She gave a glance to Elisabeth only to see her deeming at the mirror . With a sigh , Cara headed to the exit .

" It's been three days, isn't it? " Elisabeth asked . It looked like she was talking to herself.

" My apologies señora . I fear I might not know what you're asking about . " Cara curtsied .

" Mia . I'm asking about Mia . Do you have any slightest idea where she is? " Elisabeth turned to face her .

" Er... I am still new here mi señora . I don't think I know who she is , but if you're willing I can ask someone else . " The maid bowed but Elisabeth kept her eyes on her .

" You smell good . What perfume do you use? " She mumbled .

Cara chuckled softly under her breath before saying, " It's your perfume mi señora . You gifted it on my first day . "

" Really? "

" Sí, mi señora . And oh! I almost forgot to tell you , your parents expect you to see them at dinner tonight . " Cara bowed .

" What? When did they come? "

" Only yesterday night señora . " The maid paused and took a step closer to Elisabeth .

" Is everything okay? I've been . . . hearing some strange sounds from your room . You know you can share anything with me, right? " Elisabeth stared into her ocean blue eyes . Before she knew , she blabbered everything to Cara .

" Er . . . It's nothing . Is just I am feeling . . . peculiar today . There's a friend of mine . She and I , we were childhood friends . We used to spend almost all day with each other . She even helped me in making my perfumes! You know one day when we went to pluck flowers for perfume there's this bodyguard who wasn't letting me go to the orchard along with her . He was insisting to company us so Mia threw my banana's peel at him and trust me you should've seen his face . He looked so pissed and . . . and disgusted . . . and- " Elisabeth's laughter slowed and realisation struck her .

" Oh I'm-I'm so sorry I just blabbered I . . . Ugh . . . Anyways I was saying we spent a good time together . That was when I had all of her . Then some , and then none of her . I think I- " Elisabeth abruptly paused before continuing " would it be bad if I ask you to leave now? "

" sure señora . " Cara bowed and left the room hurriedly . Not too late did she hear sounds from the maiden's room . Her feet stopped and she turned . Something was definitely not okay .

| |

Elisabeth sat in her orchard , her head resting against the wall . Her gaze lowered to a withered snowdrop weakly dancing with the dawn breeze . It was Emilia's favorite . They used to dance together around flowers at nights when everyone would be asleep . They would laugh , tease , make fun of each other , do inappropriate things cause there was no one to judge . They were the times when Elisabeth felt free . With her she felt free .

Elisabeth found herself going towards the snowdrop . She silently danced around it , her head full of those happy days . She had a feeling they might never return thus , she wanted to enjoy and reminiscize every single one of them . A lone tear rolled down her cheek as she danced , grinding and grooving absentmindedly .

Where are you Mia?

| |

" I saw her at the garden today . Got a good angle of her face . "

" Khoroshiy . It's time to execute the plan then . "

~~