Chapter 83: Snape Be Pissed

Even with Draco hundreds of miles away the joy from our impromptu date left me feeling light and happy. I treasured the rare emotion. This was the last day of Easter break so the castle was still fairly quiet. I headed to my room so I could take a quick nap. Constantly staying awake was getting to me, and last night was leaving me emotionally exhausted. I sighed when I reached my room. The Carrows were waiting for me, which meant no nap.

"You're going to get it now, demon." Alecto sneered at me.

"The headmaster told us to bring you to him the moment you returned. Which should have been hours ago. We waited all night, I'm exhausted." Amycus growled.

"Join the club. I just watched my best friend get tortured and then I got stabbed by my lover. I'm exhausted too." I snapped at them. "Tell Snape I'll be up in a few hours." The rebel in me took over. I did not want them to see me submit so easily. I had to clear things up with Snape though.

"Fine but it is your funeral." Alecto said.

"It will be ours too if we don't bring her." Amycus turned to his sister and they huddled together. "Didn't you see how mad he was? I thought he was about to go all psycho and start killing people." He spoke fast in a hushed whisper.

"You're right." She answered.

"You are coming with us now." Amycus turned to me. He tried to grab my arm but I shook free.

"I can walk on my own." I growled.

That didn't stop them from walking unbearably close to me the entirety to Snape's office. Amycus walked in front of me and Alecto walked behind me with her wand to my back. Gosh, it was like I was under arrest or something. Once we neared Snape's office, I could already smell his rage. He really was pissed. Alecto shoved me into his office and Amycus slammed the door with them on the other side. They were truly afraid of whatever state Snape was in. I stood up straight and faced my last remaining family member.

"You wished to see me," Despite the anger I could smell I stood unafraid. I will own up to my decision to leave, I still believe it was the right one.

"You left in the middle of a faculty meeting to go where exactly?" Snape stood at his desk. His eyes were narrow slits. "And do answer honestly, I've had a hell of a day."

"The Manor," I stated clearly and without hesitation.

"You went where?"

"The Manor."

"I heard you the first time, Astrid." He snapped and picked up some glass objects from his desk. I couldn't identify it because as fast as he picked it up he then threw it against the nearest wall. All the former headmaster's flinched in their paintings. I remained still, but not in fear. "How could you be so stupid? It was bad enough when you returned for Christmas break." Snape walked closer to me as he talked.

"And things worked out fine then, and did now. Relax, Severus."

"Relax? Have you forgotten Astrid? Do you remember that you serve the Dark Lord?"

"Of course, I do," I raised my voice. "How could I forget I'm enslaved to a psychopath."

"Yes, because you are protecting our people, because you are the Que-"

"-Queen, yes, Severus I am still aware of my status. Hell, I've had the term Princess, Highness, Majesty, and Queen all shoved down my throat for the past century. After my brother died all, I've been told is about my future as a ruler. All the protocols and responsibilities I will have. That fact my people come before all else, including my own sanity!" I was shouting now, flailing my arms wildly. "Did it ever occur to you that I might not want to be Queen. That I never did!"