53

Aria

What..

What'd I just hear?

Is laila lying? Is she telling the truth?

Deepak?

No no.

"Aria! Aria!. Are you okay?", Laila held my shoulders and shook me. I came out of my daze and looked at her.

"Yes that's the guy. Deepak! That's his name kanna", appa said.

I can't believe what I'm hearing.

How could Deepak do this to me? No I'm sure he wouldn't have done something like this. He's my best friend. No there's some mistake here. Someone must have made him do it.

"Are you okay kanna? Do you know him?", Appa asked.

"You should go home appa. Ill call you later. Thank you for stopping by and checking on us", I said hugging my father.

"Take care okay. I love you", he said kissing my forehead and leaving.

As my dad left, I saw Deepak and Rahul coming towards us. When I saw Deepak, my heart beat increased.

"What is she doing here?", Rahul asked looking at laila with disgust on his face.

"It's fine Rahul. She's just here to see shrey", I said smiling at laila.

"Whatever. Is he awake?", He asked.

I nodded.

"Are you okay?", Deepak asked placing his hand on my arm. I flinched making him frown. I nodded again and asked him to go inside. Once they were gone I turned to laila.

"How do I know you're not lying to me again Laila?", I asked her.

She's already lied to us one too many times. Even though she's saying she's not the same anymore, I don't want to believe everything she said blindly.

"I have proof aria", she said taking her phone out of her purse and showing me the money transaction.

It clearly showed the name Deepak Chahar.

He's sent her two lakhs. Is that all our friendship or my relationship was worth. I quickly gave it back to her.
I didn't want to see it.

"What exactly happened?", I asked sitting down on the chair.

"He told me he'll help me get into the modelling agency I was trying for and said he'll pay for it as well. I initially denied it but I needed the money aria. I was desperate for it", she said looking down.

"I'm sorry Aria", she said holding my hand.

"Don't tell any of this to shreyas laila. Ill tell him myself. Thank you for telling me", I said smiling at her.

"Ill leave then aria. I'm once again very sorry for all the pain I inflicted to you guys", she said smiling at me sadly.

"It's okay laila. I appreciate you being honest with me", I said hugging her.

If not for her I would have continued believing in deepak.

He was the one person I trusted my life with. He was.. he was my rock.

When laila left, Rahul and Deepak came out of the room.

"I might have slightly slapped shrey for putting us through this. So I'm informing you before hand incase he complains to you.", smiled Rahul.

I smiled back at him.

"He's asking for you Ari", Deepak said smiling at me. I can't do this. I can't look at him like nothing happened. I ignored his comment and went in.