Instant Regret

Boyfriend POV

After finally mustering up the courage to take the first few steps forward, Boyfriend had started to follow the path that Whitty had ran in. Just the first few minutes of running were quite a long way from where they had rap battled. Boyfriend really had to admit, Whitty had to be fast and quite agile to have been able to run in these alleyways. The floor was uneven, asphalt was missing every few feet, there were multiple puddles of water from broken, exposed pipes, and just overall tripping hazards all over the damn place. Boyfriend was able to somewhat quickly make his way in the different lanes in the alleyway to try and find Whitty. After a long while of running and speed-walking, he started to wonder if he was going the right way.. Until the sudden noise of distant and rather raspy sounding sobbing could be heard, echoing throughout the damp walkways. Boyfriend turned his head towards to saddening noises he knew had to be from Whitty. He was.. crying? The guilt really set in, making his stomach tie itself into knots and his head filled with foul thoughts, telling him it's his own fault that this is happening. He managed to push those voices away before they clouded his judgement, taking deep breaths and following the noises coming from the depressed-sounding bomb boi. A few turns right and a few turns left were all it took until he saw the tall figure in a ball on the floor, his head in his knees and his fuse was fizzling out, small sparks starting every now and then but it never re-lit.. Boyfriend stood there, staring at just what he'd done to Whitty. A long pause of feeling bad and contemplating whether he should leave him to sort out his emotions or help out, Boyfriend finally made his mind up. He approached the bomb, gently muttering  concerned beeps and boops.

".. beepba? Boop beep skaboop.."

As soon as the beeps left his mouth, Whitty sprung up onto his feet and wiped his.. black.. tears..? Well, that was new.. Boyfriend could clearly see Whitty's misery turn to rage in that split second that Whitty laid eyes on him. The sadness that clouded Boyfriend's heart fled and quickly turned to fear with the look Whitty was giving him. There was another long pause of silence between the two. Neither of them moved a muscle, nor did either of them dare to speak and break the silence between them. Boyfriend swallowed the lump in his throat and began to sweat profusely from the tension. Boy, if looks could kill..

".. e-eh.. b-beep bop.. brap doo b-bap?"

Boyfriend stuttered with his beeps, something he's never done before. He's never felt such intense, genuine fear until now. Not even the weird lemon-demon-monster thing who was threatening to eat him phased him at all. For some reason, Whitty presence was much more intimidating to him. Maybe it was his height..? Maybe it was the look he was giving him..? Or maybe it was the menacing aura around him that just screamed "get the hell out of here before you get what you deserve".. who knows what made Boyfriend this nervous compared to everything he's gone through so far. All he knew is that when he spoke, Whitty flinched, causing him to stumble backwards a little and grab hold of a nearby pole to catch his balance. Did he startle Whitty by accident..? Boyfriend, a little confused, stepped forward and continued to try and calm Whitty down to the best of his ability. Most of his beeps and boops would have trouble leaving his mouth due to the amount of nervousness he was feeling, but he did try his best nonetheless.

Whitty's POV

The little blue-haired midget from earlier seemingly just.. appeared out of nowhere, startling Whitty and making him rise up to his feet. He didn't hear him coming at all.. although he was sobbing rather loudly, which could've easily clouded his hearing.. It felt as though his head was about to explode from the sheer rage that filled him up from the base of his legs to all the way up to his fuse. Though once he was face-to-face with the tiny brat once again, most of his previous thoughts had fled his mind. If anything, he came to the realization that if this little guy could beat him in a rap battle, let alone when he was going ballistic, he might not be that easy to get rid of.. suddenly, the child-like brat spoke once again in beep boops, making Whitty stumble backwards and need to grab a nearby pole to gain his balance again. His breathing hitched as the brat stepped forward towards him. He wasn't trying to corner him, right..? No, don't be stupid, he's a short midget. What is the worst that he could do, cling on his legs and refuse to let go? Whitty eventually made up his mind, beginning to gain back his courage and using his rage to fuel the following actions. He stepped forward, snatching the blue-haired brat by the collar of his shirt and lifting him high above the ground. He brought him close to his face for the next few words that would come out of his mouth. His torn up throat caused a bit of struggle with the sentence, but he used his emotions to ignore the pain and try his best to get through his sentence without choking or coughing. He paused every few words to make it easier on himself to speak.

"Listen here.. you little ..shit. You got ..incredibly lucky back there during our ..little rap battle. Now you got.. s-some nerve to come back and show your.. damn face. I.... w-wh-?!"

In the middle of his sentence, he stopped speaking as soon as realized that the brat had.. tears going down his face...? He was a little taken aback from how easy it was to bring him to tears, even if he was trying his damn hardest to be intimidating and murderous-looking.. did he.. did he take it too far..?? Whitty's eyes stayed on Boyfriend as he silently wept, taking a good and long look at his face. He knows that he was completely justified to get angry and continue with his actions, but even then, his chest started to feel tight and it felt as though he had just been shot straight through the stomach with a bullet. This feeling.. he'd never felt it in such volumes before.. and especially not all at once.. this is.. guilt? Overwhelming amounts of it washed over him and replaced all other emotions, including his rage, which vanished quicker than he could mutter "shit..".. and he did. Whitty's grip on Boyfriend loosened a tad bit while he desperately tried to ignore the crushing amount of shame he was feeling and continue his sentence as he intended.. though that was easily classified as the hardest thing he's ever done in his life as soon as he let out the first few "words"..

".. y-you.. uhm.. y-you're g-..gonna be.. in deep.. s-.."

His voice became smaller the more that he spoke and the longer he stared at Boyfriend's face.. he couldn't bare it to look him in the eyes with the stupid face he was making.. not the mention just how much his fucked-up voice didn't help the sentence at all. He couldn't finish the rest of his thoughts, his words stumbling over each other, stuttering madly and seeming more like gibberish than any known language. He needed to turn his head away and cough violently, his torn voice becoming more painful by the second.. He covered his mouth with one of his hands and kept Boyfriend in the air with the other. He slowly laid his eyes on the brat's face, Boyfriend's tears seeming to be mostly dried and his face having more confusion than fear on it. Though albeit, the fear wasn't completely gone regardless.. Whitty felt his face flush with heat involuntarily from the sight.. eventually giving a sigh and setting him back down on the ground, turning away and rubbing his eyes with his hand. He faced the nearby exit of the alleyway while muttering.

"Just.. don't show your face.. *cough*.. around me, ever.. again."

He pieced together his sentence while putting a hand on his throat and massaging to attempt to sooth the soreness. One last look at Boyfriend's face nearly compelled him to get on his knees and apologize profusely the very second he dared to glance. 

Boyfriend's face had hints of hurt and disappointment, mixed with such.. unbearable and genuine sadness as tears threatened to fall down his face once again.. he gave a few small and pathetic whimpers as he stared up and met Whitty's eyes.

  That very look made Whitty's heart break and shatter into a million pieces right then and there. He used the wall next to him in the alleyway to lean against for balance so he couldn't fall to the floor out of pure shame. Why was he feeling this way..??! Whitty knew that he was in the right to make this little brat cry. Hell, he even deserved it for nearly making him explode and decimate the entirety of the alleyway during his ballistic state! But something about that look just absolutely destroyed Whitty to the point of no return. Even if he managed to muster the non-existent balls to get up and leave things how it is, he wouldn't be able to live with himself for the next few years and might even have WORSE problems sleeping at night which is the absolute last thing he needed. He gave a final, hoarse mutter to himself as he decided his own fate.

".. god.. fucking damn it.."